cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Can BT get any worse?

I never realised just how terrible a supposedly reputable company could be. I have recently moved to a new home, and previously had an incredibly pleasant time with Virgin. I have wanted to stay with them but no support in this area. I also wanted bt sport purely for the moto gp and so started the worst customer service debacle I have ever encountered....

It started back in December when the decision was made, infinity and BT vision. Needed a line installing but included in the cost. Could nt get an engineer out sooner than feb 5th which seemed a long time but hey ho.

Day of work, and expected visit at between 1-6pm. They turned up at 6 and said that they can't work in the dark, which is fine but it gets dark every night around 4, why make an appointment time when it will be dark, if they cannot do any work?

Also there was no phone call to re arrange a date. I called them and they said I would not get a new date until 24hrs later and that they would call me back. No surprise they didn't. After another painfully long call (in total I have added up 2.5hrs of phone time to date) we got a new date for this morning. Between 8-2. Another day of work but this time no one even showed up! At a loss now, I'm being told it will be at least a fortnight till I get it all installed and that's if there are no more problems!

Do yourselves a favour, just don't get involved, it just isn't worth it.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can BT get any worse?

Hi Scortedvan

I can have investigated for you. Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile you will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi, I have sent a note as you requested and thanks for your interest but I have been told my any number of BT staff that they will help and investigate but that seems to be short for "I will put the phone down and never call you back". Even as I speak I am on the phone once again trying to get the engineers date changed and see how my complaint is being followed up. Total call time so far 38minutes with probably 34 of that on hold or being passed from one team to the other.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

The forum mods have a very good reputation for getting problems resolved you can find that by just reading through the posts here they will contact you personally by phone or email within 3/5 working days after you contact them they will take personal ownership of your problem and provide a single UK based contact you now no longer need to use any of the help lines
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

34 minutes in hold isn't bad honestly, I once waited over an hour but once I finally got to get to speak with someone from the UK with the help of these forums things started to get resolved.
Customers really shouldn't have to go to these lengths to get problems resolved and just reading through these forums just shows how wide spread the problems are.
Your first experience of this level of customer service is frustrating and you curse ever entering into a contract with BT. The second time it happens you promise yourself to get away from this organisation at the first given chance no matter what the retention offer maybe, its just not worth the future hassle
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Want to know how bad BT gets?

In 2010 they annoyed me so much with their stupid, useless Indian call centre for BB where no one seemingly speaks decent English or will not stop reading from the flaming computer screen and actually listen that it gave me a heart attack - genuine, no joke or exaggeration, ambulance, stent fitted, the whole 9 yards.

We moved and my wife sorted it out. But now this awful BT Sport has appeared so BT vision is utter dross, all the money has been spent on stupid football, tennis and rugby... All of which I roundly (sic) detest and I know I'm not alone in that.

We also had my mothers phone line where it was being changed from the P.O to BT... She had an operating phone line but neither the P.O or BT would admit that the line was theirs! Now this is true - so messed up was it all in the end that there was NO SYSTEM in BT to correct it. Eventually after several weeks of endless phone calls a manager had to physically go and see someone in a different department and sort it verbally. Unbelievable.

BT like everything is OK when working, when it stops - God help you because BT won't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@Dorsetty wrote:

Want to know how bad BT gets?

In 2010 they annoyed me so much with their stupid, useless Indian call centre for BB where no one seemingly speaks decent English or will not stop reading from the flaming computer screen and actually listen that it gave me a heart attack - genuine, no joke or exaggeration, ambulance, stent fitted, the whole 9 yards.

While I sympathise that you had a heart attack and I hope you are on the mend I would think that your surgeon may have a better diagnosis as to what caused it and I bet BT will not be any where on your medical notes.

We moved and my wife sorted it out. But now this awful BT Sport has appeared so BT vision is utter dross, all the money has been spent on stupid football, tennis and rugby... All of which I roundly (sic) detest and I know I'm not alone in that.

It is a personal thing. What might be dross to you may not be to others. Nobody is asking you to watch sport or BT Vision, it is your choice. If you think BTVision is now dross don't renew. I would suggest that no matter whose TV  Package be it BT, Sky or Freeview the majority of it is dross.

We also had my mothers phone line where it was being changed from the P.O to BT... She had an operating phone line but neither the P.O or BT would admit that the line was theirs! Now this is true - so messed up was it all in the end that there was NO SYSTEM in BT to correct it.

Nor apparently with the PO if they couldn't admit the line was theirs either.

Eventually after several weeks of endless phone calls a manager had to physically go and see someone in a different department and sort it verbally. I bet he phoned or he just decided he needed the exercise.

Unbelievable.

BT like everything is OK when working, when it stops - God help you because BT won't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Well, an update........ After my latest phone battle last friday, i was given a date for the an engineer to attend this morning between 8 and 2. And he did, at 0805 which is superb! He had a look at what needed to be done to the phone line and did it, and as far as he is saying it all works. So bravo BT certainly on the face of it a massive improvement.

However the home hub and vision box were not fitted so im going on his word but looks hopefull! On an email i have receievd though it says not to connect the home hub or vision box until i have had an email, anyone know how long this may take?

Kind Regards

Joe 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Is it Infinity 1 that you have ordered?

If it is, I would plug in the HH5 and try it. it is now a self install so just follow the instructions. If it is connected up it will work. If not no harm done and you'll need to wait or contact BT and find out when it will be connected. The standard reply is "up to midnight on the date of install."

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47225/c/346

If it is Infinity 2, it is and engineer install and you should wait for an engineer to call and install it although he won't do much more than plug it in after he has done the work at the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Well spoke to soon. Got back from work and found indeed we have a working phone line. No connection to broadband though. It is infinity 1 we ordered but the engineer has fitted single point sockets where I thought he would use doubles so we wouldn't need a line filter? At this point I figured there would be more, and so another 27 minute phone call later I was told that they had not connected me to the broadband because there was a hazard at the the exchange? Maybe it's true but they have now said they will call tomorrow and maybe it will be done by Monday. Fingers crossed but I have to say I fear the worst
0 Ratings