cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samo1516
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Can BT provide a broadband connection in France which is attached to my BT broadband service in UK?

Go to solution

I have an appartment in France that I use 2-3 months each year. To get onto the internet when I am in France I have tried using hotspots through my mobile/laptop but find these are unreliable and also expensive in data usage. So I am looking for a reliable and quick broadband (optic fibre) service that I can switch on and off when I am in France. I do not want a fixed telephone line. Can BT help with this or do I have to use a French service provider. Ideally I would like to have just one servcie provider (BT) and one bill for my UK and French internet.

Any suggestions welcome.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can BT provide a broadband connection in France which is attached to my BT broadband service in

Go to solution

Can't see how BT can supply a broadband service to a home in France - and only for few months a year. I think you must use a French broadband provider

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Can BT provide a broadband connection in France which is attached to my BT broadband service in

Go to solution

BT won't be able to supply broadband in France.

Have a look at BT Mobile phone packages. It may be that you could get a good deal on one with a high data package that allows roaming/usage in France and you could tether your laptop to your phone and use 4g.

0 Ratings
samo1516
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings
samo1516
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you. I'll look at getting a BT mobile package to use in France. I currently use Vodafone for my mobile
0 Ratings