Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

Can I be switched to ADSL2 or ADSL2+ and will it help with connection speeds

Go to solution

Hi,

How can I check if I can be upgraded to ADSL2 or ADSL2+ and will it help with connection speeds.

I am especially suffering from low upload speeds.

I checked my homehub 4 logs and they provide the following information :

18:19:43, 26 Nov.    ( 120.270000) DSL noise margin: 19.20 dB upstream, 9.00 dB downstream
18:19:42, 26 Nov.    ( 119.350000) DSL line rate: 444 Kbps upstream, 6680 Kbps downstream

The BT speedchecker lists a download speed of 6.7 Mb/s. (It doesn't tell me anything about upload speeds)

Speedtest.net shows the following stats:

Download 4.70 Mb/s

Upload 0.27 Mb/s

I have my Homehub 4 connected to my master socket.

Thank you,

Theo

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Can I be switched to ADSL2 or ADSL2+ and will it help with connection speeds

Go to solution

can you enter your phone numberand post results  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Re: Can I be switched to ADSL2 or ADSL2+ and will it help with connection speeds

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply imjolly

The stats from dslchecker are as follows :

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateWBC FTTC 18x2 Provide AvailabilityWBC FTTC 18x2 Sim AvailabilityLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date       ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date     Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date       Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)94.71.20.83.4Available----Yes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)6.221.10.51.5Available----Yes--
FTTP on Demand33030--Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6.5Up to 0.55.5 to 7.5Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--3.5 to 5.5Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available--------
Fixed Rate1 ----Available--------
VDSL Multicast------Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
Bridge TapU       
VRIN       
NTEFaceplateN       
Last Test Date18-05-2017    

The only stats I can find on my homehub4 are :

18:19:43, 26 Nov.    ( 120.270000) DSL noise margin: 19.20 dB upstream, 9.00 dB downstream
18:19:42, 26 Nov.    ( 119.350000) DSL line rate: 444 Kbps upstream, 6680 Kbps downstream

Does this mean I am already on adsl2+ ??

Thanks, Theo

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

I think you are already on adsl2  can you look through hub and see if you can find a heading 'Modulation'  if 992.1 then adslmax if not then adsl2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

I tried looking for the Modulation on my homehub4 , but I cannot find it anywhere.

Not sure where to look.

I have read other posts that seem to indicate that homehub doesn't have good stats reporting.

Thanks,

Theo

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

don't know if this helps From the top Menu

> Troubleshooting
> Helpdesk
> Bandwidth

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Thank you.

This shows the following value :

6. Bandwidth:444 / 6680

Same values as the logs (i am guessing that 444 is 444Kb Upload and 6680 is 6680 Kb download).

Thanks,

Theo

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

not download but connection speed  download speeds will be lower than that

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution
Any idea if this is as good as it gets for me ?
I am about 1.5 km away from the exchange. And although the exchange offers fiber to the cabinet. Due to my distance from the cabinet BT have always adviced me that opting for fiber would make things worse instead of better.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution
From the dslchecker results you can see your speed is about the estimate you ca try the test socket to see if that gives s bit more speed especially if you have extension sockets in other rooms

0 Ratings