cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 41

Re: Can I cancel my broadband contract with 14 days?

Go to solution
BT's usage figure are calculated using both upload and download figures do you use any cloud storage services ?
0 Ratings
anthony_
Contributor
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution

I tried adding the Unlimited package online to see if I could get the new customers price of halfprice/£16 but it's saying I'd have to pay £18 each month.

I'll ring them up on Monday to give them an ear full. This is unacceptable.

0 Ratings
anthony_
Contributor
Message 13 of 41

Go to solution

No. All I've done is light browsing. I haven't even been on youtube or anything. 1.38Gb usage is absolute nonsense.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 41

Go to solution

@anthony_ wrote:

I tried adding the Unlimited package online to see if I could get the new customers price of halfprice/£16 but it's saying I'd have to pay £18 each month.

I'll ring them up on Monday to give them an ear full. This is unacceptable.

No, you need to use the link that says "upgrade your broadband package", to see the proper price.

Login to MyBT, and that option should be there.

Trying to do it without logging in, will not give you that option.

Try this link http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/upgrade-your-broadband

anthony_
Contributor
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution
Yeah I tried it both ways. Going to the site as a new customer but adding it to my existing account (it says that package isn't available and suggests I upgrade instead costing £19 a month). If click the upgrade option in the MyBT then the package says it's £18 a month and the usual discount for new customers isn't there.

I'll ring up and hopefully they'll still consider me a new customer if I switch.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

Contact the Options Team on 0800.800.030

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 41

Go to solution

That does not seem right. You will have to call them.

If you still get problems, then its possible one of the moderators may be able to help.

If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1, then that usage could easily occur, as the Windows updates are huge.

anthony_
Contributor
Message 18 of 41

Go to solution

Nope! I phoned and she said I can only upgrade to a £19.50 package (which is even dearer than the price stated when upgrading on the BT website)!

Is there any way I can complain directly to BT? It's simply outrageous I'm not considered a "new" customer despite only having the broadband for 3 days! All I want to do is switch the **bleep** usage plan, why is that so hard?

0 Ratings
anthony_
Contributor
Message 19 of 41

Go to solution

I should also say that when I ordered the broadband over the phone the BT person said my internet usage would be fine for the 10Gb cap which it clearly isn't. Surely this is a case of misselling?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 41

Go to solution

Going by what you are saying about your light usage, why "miss-sell a cheaper product. If they were going to miss-sell would it not have made more sense to say your usage would not have been covered by 10Gb. 

Perhaps on the information that was supplied to the sales rep 10Gb was enough. There may have been some usage information missing.

0 Ratings