cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthony_
Contributor
Message 21 of 41

Re: Can I cancel my broadband contract with 14 days?

Go to solution

It's clearly a scam. They hook you with the £10 a month deal which is the cheapest I've found, then boost the bandwidth usage to blackmail you into upgrading to the £19.50 which is the dearest on the market. I told the sales person exactly what I use the internet for and he said the limited broadband would be fine. I've been misold.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 41

Go to solution

Yeh it's always somebody elses fault and BT with its six million customers have to operate a scam to boost its customer base.

Perhaps you could explain how BT "boost the bandwidth usage to blackmail you into upgrading"  It is you that uses the broadband to either upload or download. BT can not magically make you or your computer do that.

0 Ratings
anthony_
Contributor
Message 23 of 41

Go to solution

How do I speak to a moderator?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 41

Go to solution

If they think they can help they will contact you via this thread.

anthony_
Contributor
Message 25 of 41

Go to solution

If they don't think they can help me I'm fully prepared to kick up a fuss.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 41

Go to solution
you are unlikely to get any sympathy for buying a low cost package and it does not suit your usage which you must have known before you entered into the contract
0 Ratings
anthony_
Contributor
Message 27 of 41

Go to solution

How on earth do you expect people to know what their exact internet usage is going to be before actually using the broadband service? Customers are reliant on the BT representive's expertise to advise them, on this ocassion their advice was terrible and arguably purposfully misleading in order to extort money out of the vulnerable. I have been missold and am prepared to complain to any and all watchdogs if this isn't resolved.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 41

Go to solution
have you had broadband before ?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 41

Go to solution

The only person who thinks it is misleading and a scam is you. How are they extorting money from you. You chose the cheapest package which you have now found doesn't suit your needs and all you can do is blame somebody else rather than accept YOU made a mistake.

0 Ratings
clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 41

Go to solution
Does BT publish anywhere what 10Gbyte per month (330Mbyte per day) gives you interms of internet access ?

E.g how many email downloads and uploads, how many hours general web browsing, how many minutes youtube and tv catchup streaming etc.
Also, if you've bought the BT TV package is any iPlayer streaming to a youview box included in the capped 10Gb allowance ?
0 Ratings