cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 41

Re: Can I cancel my broadband contract with 14 days?

Go to solution
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Yeh, but its STILL BT's fault, they never pointed out that link to me till after I signed up 🙂

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution
Thanks John46, your link is very useful.
But it does seem to be deeply buried and not really transparent to prospective customers.

If i go to BT home page and start to look for broadband packages for new customers I can easily find standard broadband up to
17Mbs download with a capped 10Gb limit. However under the 20 or so FAQ's I can find questions about speed, infinity, uncapped packages, installation time etc but nothing referring to the information about download usage given in your link.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

Apart from the link John posted, any general Internet search on "Internet Usage Guide" or similar, brings up any number of results that should help any prospective customer decide on a limited or unlimited package regardless with which provider. 

0 Ratings
clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution
You're asuming that the customer is internet savvy.
For novices signing up for Broadband for the first time I think that BT could be more informative upfront about internet usage
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 41

Go to solution

You are assuming that they are not Internet savy.

For novices signing up for the first time, they would be unable to give information to BT about what their Internet usage normally is or what they would be using the Internet for so it would be difficult to give them accurate/relevant information. 

0 Ratings
clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution
I'm not assuming anything but just saying that BT could make internet usage more transparent by for example including it in the FAQ's with a the link to the webpage given above by John.
As for novices they need to start learning somewhere. Better to give them some guidance on the pros and cons of usage rather than say nothing at all
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution

If you go onto the BT broadband package page select "I'm new to BT" and follow the links "Help me decide" it gives a guide to what broadband package might suit the user.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/

Just a thought, if they are ordering BT Broadband online it might be fair to assume that they have some knowledge about using the Internet or at least have access to the Internet through somebody who has some knowledge and would be able to assist them with a simple search.

0 Ratings
anthony_
Contributor
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

Huge success!

Thank you BT for your excellent support!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 41

Go to solution

@anthony_ wrote:

Huge success!

Thank you BT for your excellent support!

I assume you got a good deal?

0 Ratings