Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmcbride1109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: Can I cancel?

Go to solution

Just a quick update - got a call last Wednesday to say the plant line work would be complete on Saturday and I'll get a call today to arrange install. not holding my breath though!

Anyone got any idea of the type of compensation I might be due? if any?

Thanks,

John

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

From http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/%7E/customer-service-guarantee

Daily Rate Rental Credit

If we fail to repair or supply your service on time, you can claim Daily Rate Rental Credit which will be calculated as follows: Quarterly line rental x 4 divided by 365 = the daily rental.

The daily rental will be multiplied by the number of days we are late in installing or repairing your service. This also applies to chargeable calling features. These tables show you from which day the call allowance or Daily Rate Rental Credit will begin.

Failure to supply your service on time
Agreed date of installation Call Allowance or Daily Rate Rental Credit begins:
Monday Tuesday
Tuesday Wednesday
Wednesday Thursday
Thursday Friday
Friday Saturday
Saturday Sunday
Sunday Monday
0 Ratings
johnmcbride1109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe unfortunatly there was no update phone call yesterday, I have an official complaint in and was promised an update every 48hours. The biggest complaint I had was around communication as i understand things can go wrong, be here we are again completely in the dark. I dont know who to call or what do and I'm sick of doing the chasing after being promised updates every 48hours.

😞

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

I think the issue is that Openreach do not provide updates to Service Providers automatically, they seem to need chasing up.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @johnmcbride1109,

I am sorry that you didn't receive your call back as promised yesterday. I would like to take a look at what is happening with your order and your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
johnmcbride1109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

This is getting stressful now, I've not heard anything since Tuesday and that was only after commenting on here and now I've just received a message from BT Mobile:

You've been getting a monthly discount on BT Mobile because you or someone in your household has BT broadband. As we're ending that broadband service, we're removing your £5.00 discount in 30 days' time

So now they are ending my broadband that I've never had and removing my BT Mobile line rental discount. You seriously couldnt make this up.

Can someone please advise whats going on?

And so much for the 48hourly updates I was promised weeks ago now.

😞

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

Did you contatct @PaddyB as requested, he is part of a special UK team?

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @johnmcbride1109,

I can see that my colleague @RobbieMac is dealing with your case. Robbie will be in touch later on today once he is back in the office.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
johnmcbride1109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution
Yes I did.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

@johnmcbride1109 wrote:
Yes I did.

Wait for the call from Robbie. The forum moderation team are based in the UK, and are your best possible chance of getting accurate information.

0 Ratings