cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tynecastle_21
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Can I change my hub phone number?

I'd like to know if it's possible to change my broadband hub phone number to the same one as my landline one?

I've had conflicting replies from BT.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

tyne

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can I change my hub phone number?

Not sure what you mean by changing the number to your home number, It would not be possible to have 2 "lines" with the same number and I cannot see what benefit you would gain.

However it would be possible to give your BB Talk (hub phone) your existing home number and then give your home number a new number.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
tynecastle_21
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply - I wanted to change my hub phone number so it's the same as my landline one instead of it's 0560 one purely for convenience as I'd rather not have two separate numbers. 

I'd also like to see who's calling me as it doesn't tell me who's calling when my landline phone rings and I answer with my hub phone, I get the 'unknown caller ' message

Thanks again

tyne

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Ok on that, in that case as I said that is not possible.

If you wanted to set up caller display or in fact any other calling feature on your talk line, you can log into your BB talk account and set them all up for your self here https://service.btbroadbandvoice.bt.com/selfcare/consumerYourAccount

You can also change within the programming of your HH what phone rings when either the BB talk or home line is rung, check this out.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7718/c/345,1229,1232

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
tynecastle_21
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Many thanks for your help and for the links.

0 Ratings