cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haltokeit
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Can I create a new sub account using an email address I deleted recently?

Go to solution

I have recently deleted a sub-account previously used by my daughter, which I thought was no longer in use, but have now discovered that she still used it occasionally in connection with log-ins to services she uses.

I have no need to recover any emails, but is it possible to create a new sub account with exactly the same email address as the one I deleted?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can I create a new sub account using an email address I deleted recently?

Go to solution

Depending when you deleted the email address you may be able to reactivate it. See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/c/7339/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDg4NTAwNzc2L3Np...

0 Ratings
haltokeit
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

I had already looked to see if I could do that, and have checked again just now. Unfortunately the deleted account is NOT listed so I don't have that option. I think it's because I deleted it, rather than it was suspended.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @haltokeit,

If the email isn't showing on the Email Management page then there is a good chance it has been permanently deleted. Normally, you'd be able to claim it within 60 days of deletion. Has that time passed?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
haltokeit
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

>If the email isn't showing on the Email Management page then there is a good chance it has been permanently deleted. Normally, you'd be able to claim it within 60 days of deletion. Has that time passed?

I deleted it around Christmas, so I am most likely beyond the 60 days.

How long does a deleted email address remain 'unavailable'? I appreciate that there are issues with re-using an email address, but the problem I caused was solely that my daughter used that account in connection to some log-ins, so simply being able to create a new account with the same email address as the one I deleted would solve her problem.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

It's not good news @haltokeit.

There is no set time limit right now. It used to be a minimum of 120 days. Without seeing your account a lot of this is hearsay. It does sound as if you're email account has been permanently deleted which means we can't get it. However; I'd like to at least take a look at your account to see if this is the case. You can reach me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

EDIT: Make sure you include your daughters email address in full when filling in the web form. If it is gone, we won't be able to see what it was.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

If she is only using the email address as a log on to a website, the fact the email address is deleted should not prevent her logging on. The email address in that respect is only acting as a user name. 

She should still be able to log on to the website and then go to the profile and change the usename to another username. She should also be able to change the contact email address to one that she still has access to.

haltokeit
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
@DanielS I have responded via 'contact the mods'.
DanielS
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for doing that @haltokeit.

We'll be in touch with you over the next few days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings