cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColonelFailure
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Can I double my bandwidth by purchasing a second connection?

Regardless of minor tweaks that may improve my existing 4mb down/0.25mb upstream connection, rural internet is what it is, and since fibre isn't due in my area until (currently forecast) 2016 I've been looking at other solutions up to and including moving house.

So, if I were to buy additional subscriptions to BT would I be able to use them in an additive rather than duplicative fashion to boost the overall speed? Yes, it's a costly approach and will require additional routing at my end but would I be barking up the wrong tree?

Any guidance appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I double my bandwidth by purchasing a second connection?

some isp's do offer line bonding but to my knowledge not BT
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I double my bandwidth by purchasing a second connection?

@ColonelFailure wrote:

Regardless of minor tweaks that may improve my existing 4mb down/0.25mb upstream connection, rural internet is what it is, and since fibre isn't due in my area until (currently forecast) 2016 I've been looking at other solutions up to and including moving house.

So, if I were to buy additional subscriptions to BT would I be able to use them in an additive rather than duplicative fashion to boost the overall speed? Yes, it's a costly approach and will require additional routing at my end but would I be barking up the wrong tree?

Any guidance appreciated.

You may find this of interest :-http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/bonding-three-four-ADSL-connections

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings