cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bibimaghoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Can I get BT web hosting on a 'at home' package or do I need to sign up for business aswell?

Hi all

Firstly, my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I am a little stuck finding the correct section. I currently run a website on a host that I shall not name here. The host has been having a huge amount of problems, and It has come to my attention that BT offer web hosting services.

I cannot seem to find anywhere that allows me to add web hosting to my current 'at home' package of broadband and phone line, but seems I need a new account under the business section to add web hosting.

Is this correct? Can I not add a hosting package to my current set? I would like to do so, but it seems odd that I must make a new account with BT to do so.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
mettauk
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I get BT web hosting on a 'at home' package or do I need to sign up for business aswell?

I may be biased but do not use BT. There are a great many web hosts out there. (me included) that run and manage web servers.

Assuming you have a domain name, it is very straight forward to move it to another provider including any associated email accounts etc.

It usually takes around 24 hours to complete and then web site visitors would be none the wiser of any change.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -
Wondering what went wrong with human communication?
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I get BT web hosting on a 'at home' package or do I need to sign up for business aswell?

Hi welcometo the forum try this link http://business.bt.com/domains-and-web-hosting/web-hosting/web-hosting-packages/ contact 0800800152 and enquire
0 Ratings