cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 1 of 29

Can I get Infinity ?

I ma looking at buying a house in Bordon. I know that the Bordon Switch is FTTC enabled and the nearest FTTC cabinet is 0.9 miles from me.

Information on your search is displayed below. Note: You may have more than 1 cabinet serving your postcode.

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type

P10100%2.935aPart of deploymentFTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

Exchange Information

The information for your exchnage below comes direct from BT Openreach.

Exchange Name Status Availability

THBRBordonAccepting OrdersNow

Probability is the likelihood that you are connected to the listed cabinet. The higher the number the more likely. You may know your cabinet number already.

Uplift is the multiplier for speed increase. For example if you are currently on 4 Mbps and the uplift is 10 then you might expect around 40 Mbps.

Phase refers to BT Openreach's deployment plans. With phase 1 being the oldest

You can find more information about your exchange at SamKnows. Check the FTTC status date for a rough idea when you might be able to get Fibre.

Cabinet Data based on December 2011 PCP document. Other data updated daily from BT

But the old number to the house was connected to 01428-751602 which I beleive is the Passfield switch which is a diddy little switch that will never be upgraded to inifity (380 people). Thing is I am nearer the Bordon Exchange than I am passfield.

Can I get Infinity form a cabinet 0.9 miles away....and if so are they going to charge me to connect it.

Problme is I work form home and unless I can get a decent speed connection I can't move to this house 😞

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 29

Re: Can I get Infinity ?

@ukdaasfan wrote:

I ma looking at buying a house in Bordon. I know that the Bordon Switch is FTTC enabled and the nearest FTTC cabinet is 0.9 miles from me.

Information on your search is displayed below. Note: You may have more than 1 cabinet serving your postcode.

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type

P10100%2.935aPart of deploymentFTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

Exchange Information

The information for your exchnage below comes direct from BT Openreach.

Exchange Name Status Availability

THBRBordonAccepting OrdersNow

Probability is the likelihood that you are connected to the listed cabinet. The higher the number the more likely. You may know your cabinet number already.

Uplift is the multiplier for speed increase. For example if you are currently on 4 Mbps and the uplift is 10 then you might expect around 40 Mbps.

Phase refers to BT Openreach's deployment plans. With phase 1 being the oldest

You can find more information about your exchange at SamKnows. Check the FTTC status date for a rough idea when you might be able to get Fibre.

Cabinet Data based on December 2011 PCP document. Other data updated daily from BT

But the old number to the house was connected to 01428-751602 which I beleive is the Passfield switch which is a diddy little switch that will never be upgraded to inifity (380 people). Thing is I am nearer the Bordon Exchange than I am passfield.

Can I get Infinity form a cabinet 0.9 miles away....and if so are they going to charge me to connect it.

Problme is I work form home and unless I can get a decent speed connection I can't move to this house 😞

Do you have the existing phone number for the house you are moving to? If so enter it at the following link:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 3 of 29

Ah **bleep** I'm on Passfield. Why in gods name did they wire me to that. Can I get a line run from Bordon. There are people up my road that are on the Bordon switch.....

0 Ratings
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 4 of 29

For Telephone Number 01428751602 on Exchange PASSFIELD

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

so ADSL Max I might, if I'm lucky get 8 meg.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 29

@ukdaasfan wrote:

Ah **bleep** I'm on Passfield. Why in gods name did they wire me to that. Can I get a line run from Bordon. There are people up my road that are on the Bordon switch.....

I'm afraid you won't be able to get a new line from a different exchange, as it would cost BT and yourself way too much money. I have seen quotes above £100,000 to move lines from one exchange to another.

0 Ratings
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 6 of 29

That's nuts. All they need to do is run a line down 5 poles to the next house (on Bordon Exchange) and splice in. it's like a 500 metre cable run. I've done longer than that inside buildings using twisted pair.

0 Ratings
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 7 of 29

And I am guessing as there is only 380 people on the exchange Passfield is never going to get upgraded.  Really annoys me. If you get the role of running the local loop you should provide a better service or have your monopoly taken away.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 29

@ukdaasfan wrote:

And I am guessing as there is only 380 people on the exchange Passfield is never going to get upgraded.  Really annoys me. If you get the role of running the local loop you should provide a better service or have your monopoly taken away.

That exchange might never be upgraded, but at some point it might be mass migrated if the cost was right for openreach

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 9 of 29

Hi ukdaasfan,

I know you have tried entering the number into the BT Wholesale database. But is that the current phone number to the house you want to move to?

If you know the address of the building you want to move to then you can try putting in the address of the property into the BT Wholesale database here: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 29

@jac_95 wrote:

Hi @ukdaasfan

I know you have tried entering the number into the BT Wholesale database. But is that the current phone number to the house you want to move to?

If you know the address of the building you want to move to then you can try putting in the address of the property into the BT Wholesale database here: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

Cheers

Sorry that won't work as the postcode is covered by multiple cabinets and the only way to get acurate information is to use the phone number checker.

0 Ratings