cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 21 of 29

Re: Can I get Infinity ?

The main problem is that this is the 6th house we have had to reject because we cannot get a decent broadband speed. It's getting silly now.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 29

ukdaasfan wrote;

The main problem is that this is the 6th house we have had to reject because we cannot get a decent broadband speed. It's getting silly now.

Only 6, some people, including those who don't care about Superfast Broadband spend months if not years looking at 50+ houses before finding the one they want.

0 Ratings
ukdaasfan
Beginner
Message 23 of 29

Wow....would take me a long time for 50 house off the right size and in the right place to come up around here.Taken me 7 months to find 6. I guess it depends where you live. Either way, I now need to search BT and Virgin using a phone number before I can even look at at place. That basically means in a 10 mile radius that is exactly no house that are the rights size and I can work from. And our parents provide childcare I can't move more thatn 10 miles. Well and trully screwed. All cause BT can't role out infinity to the next cabinet down.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 29

@ukdaasfan wrote:

Wow....would take me a long time for 50 house off the right size and in the right place to come up around here.Taken me 7 months to find 6. I guess it depends where you live. Either way, I now need to search BT and Virgin using a phone number before I can even look at at place. That basically means in a 10 mile radius that is exactly no house that are the rights size and I can work from. And our parents provide childcare I can't move more thatn 10 miles. Well and trully screwed. All cause BT can't role out infinity to the next cabinet down.

Maybe if you arranged another means of childcare you could widen your 10 mile radius. You do say that you work from home, but at the same time expect your parents to do the childcare. I think if you were more flexible it might help rather than trying to shft the blame to BT

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 25 of 29

For the property you searched you entered the phone number into the BT Wholesale database and it came up with this result: "Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps."

In my opinion this is fast and is much, much faster than my broadband connection I have at home.

If the exchange gets WBC 21cn upgraded to allow adsl2+ you may see this speed almost double.

The reason why that property (which I think is a pub/restaurant by the phone number you posted) isn't able to get FTTC broadband is because the property is connected to the PASSFIELD exchange which isn't currently on the Superfast Fibre Broadband rollout plan.

As plainview has said it will cost BT Retail a lot of money to get your line re-routed to the other exchange which will then be likely to be billed to you.

As your also working from home, then strictly speaking the broadband service supplied by BT Retail isn't supposed to be used for business matters.

Have you thought about taking out a BT Business broadband product which may also open more doors in terms of what you want. It may cost a bit more but this will come with more support and more facilities aimed a businesses. Have a look here: http://business.bt.com

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 29

'Well and trully screwed. All cause BT can't role out infinity to the next cabinet down.'

Oh dear, another clueless member of the public who thinks Openreach are a Social Service and not a Business.

You yourself run a business, obviously not with the intent to make money though, otherwise you would have at least some understanding of why Openreach don't upgrade every Exchange and PCP to FTTC/P tech.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 27 of 29

@jac_95 wrote:

Hi @ukdaasfan

I know you have tried entering the number into the BT Wholesale database. But is that the current phone number to the house you want to move to?

If you know the address of the building you want to move to then you can try putting in the address of the property into the BT Wholesale database here: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

Cheers

Hi jac_95,

Like the OP I am struggling to find out if, or when, FTTC will be available for a given property.  I have the adddress but that does not give any answer.  BTW your link is just for ADSL, NOT Infinity ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 28 of 29

@dfenceman wrote:

Hi jac_95,

Like the OP I am struggling to find out if, or when, FTTC will be available for a given property.  I have the address but that does not give any answer.  BTW your link is just for ADSL, NOT Infinity ?

Hi dfenceman,

No the BT Wholesale Database which is the link I posted also says if you can get Fibre broadband (FTTC and FTTP/H) and also gives an estimation. It will mention WBC FTTC if you can get FTTC broadband

The general link to the database is http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl which you can either enter your landline number, address or postcode. But be aware that the landline one is the most accurate followed by the address checker and the the least accurate is the postcode checker.

You can also get to it by this link here: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 29 of 29

Hi jac_95,

You are quite correct the two links above cover broadband generally, the on I referred to in your earlier post just said "what property do you was ADSL provided to".  Any way it's acedemic as noe of them give the answer the OP and I are looking for.

Happy New Year

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings