Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_W
Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Can I get my IP Profile reset?

Go to solution
Many thanks for the advice. I've been in touch with the mods about my issue, and there is investigative work underway. I'll report back if/when things are resolved!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution
Please do keep us posted as it always helps others in the future
0 Ratings
Mark_W
Contributor
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

Ok, well I am back to provide an update.   After posting here, referring to the mods and eventually today having an Openreach engineer out to look at the problem, all my woes have gone.

I'd like to offer a huge thanks to everyone who helped, and although he won't read this, you Mr Openreach Engineer are a genius!   Smiley Happy

So, it turns out the line was far too noisy.   It wasn't down to internal cabling at all but the copper pair I was on between the cabinet and the exchange.   

In my house, the engineer moved the NTE5 master socket to the room where the router lives, and he also installed an Openreach filtered faceplate.   I'd just ordered a whole load of new ADSLNation microfilters too so they're now redundant!   Anyway, that change alone got me onto ADSL2+ rather than ADSL2, and the S/N margin was much lower.

He then went out to check the pairs available between the cabinet and the exchange and has moved us onto a different pair.   Check out my router stats:

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 day, 00:03:48
Downstream:12,339 Kbps
Upstream:1,179 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):5.9 dB / 5.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):35.5 dB / 19.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):41 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):529 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0

What an amazing difference!!   I am well chuffed.   Will need to monitor this over the next 10 days but it looks like it's fixed at last!!!

Cheers!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution
That's a good job .... well sorted, and now copybook DSL2+
0 Ratings