Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hover2u
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Can I move sub accounts to a new primary email account

Hi 

I had an issue with my primary email account, and a lot of problems with BT Technical Support. Needed to close down an old primary email account and set up a new one plus move my sub accounts to the new primary account. Technical Support were no help at all and a just created a new primary account and said there was nothing else they can do.

I've seen that moderators are able to do this? Is that correct and can it be done easily?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I move sub accounts to a new primary email account

They usually can

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days.

0 Ratings
hover2u
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks

Have sent a message to the BT Care Team
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@hover2u wrote:

Hi 

I had an issue with my primary email account, and a lot of problems with BT Technical Support. Needed to close down an old primary email account and set up a new one plus move my sub accounts to the new primary account. Technical Support were no help at all and a just created a new primary account and said there was nothing else they can do.

I've seen that moderators are able to do this? Is that correct and can it be done easily?

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I have just successfully linked my two separate BT accounts together to enable me to completely ignore the new yahoo address issued by BT.

I had a BT online account until a year ago for my original phone number, which I then switched to Sky. My BT account and all the old statements were and are still available though. It was set up years ago, before the bt.yahoo nonsense.

Last week, I had a new phone line installed by BT, with Infinity, and when I clicked the BT account activation email link, I entered my old username and password, not the new ones sent for the new line. This was accepted by the system and all the details of my new installation, and the first bill, were then accessible (under my old "simple" non-yahoo account name) - using the new account nunber.

I then went into My Profile to "Add an account" and inserted my old account number from last year, and it linked successfully. The email address was already set to my old non-yahoo address and my "new installation" order also contained my old email address (which I still use).

So now, I can log on with my old non-yahoo account name and view both my accounts, I will completely ignore the new yahoo email and account name BT issued me with.

Maybe you can do something similar with your two accounts?

0 Ratings