cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Can I request connection to a different PCP?

Hello 

I seem to be connected to the only PCP in Ware, Hertfordshire that has no FTTC service, (cab 28)!!

I live at number 8,  neighbors either side of me at number 10 (cab 25) and Albany Mews (cab 25) have FTTC service, can I be moved?

Regards 

Gary

below is a list of cabs service  my postcode .

Fibre Street Cabinet 1: P19  7% of area  FTTC Available from 28th June 2012  Phase 8a 2012  
Fibre Street Cabinet 2: P20  32% of area  FTTC Available from 28th June 2012  Phase 8a 2012  
Fibre Street Cabinet 3: P25  47% of area  FTTC Available from 27th August 2015  Phase BDUK Bucks&Herts 14b   
Fibre Street Cabinet 4: P28  13% of area  Openreach fibre not available  
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Can I request connection to a different PCP?

@G_G 

This question has been asked many times on this forum, and the answer is no.

See https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/help-support/when-can-i-get-fibre-faqs

"There's another cabinet near me that's already accepting orders. Can I get fibre broadband from there instead?"

"Unfortunately not. We can’t move a line that’s already connected to a home or business from one cabinet to another."

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Thanks Keith, can I ask why?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Ahhh I didnt see the long answer 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Because its not a simple matter,  it would involve re-arranging the whole of your local area's underground cable network.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

I must add, this is a new order. The physical copper is connected but this is a new installation and not completed yet, est Feb 10th.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Does the copper cable come from a pole? If so, does the cable to your neighbour's property come from the same pole?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

No we are both UG fed (I did a few moths on the vans...for my sins) 😊

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

months on the vans.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Just that there is a slight chance it could be a database error and if you were obviously fed from the same DP as your neighbour  it would show that you were both connected to the same cabinet. If it is a UG feed it will be impossible to physically see.

0 Ratings