cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emgee
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can I transfer all ofd my e-mails to another address?.........

.........other than by manually fortwarding each and every one.

Hi all, ny first post so apologies if this has been answered previously. Very gratefull for any help.

Thanks

em

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
deltaflyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I transfer all ofd my e-mails to another address?.........

epends on your e-mail program. if outlook express, you can just copy the e-mail folder to removable media & put it in the new folder. close outlook express & re-open & e-mails *should* appear. Thunderbird,you can do the same

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
0 Ratings
emgee
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes its outlook express. I have lots of sub-folders but don't see the usual right click copy option. Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see how to copy them. Can you help me with the procedure for this?

Thanks again

Em

0 Ratings
deltaflyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

In Outlook Express, click
Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder. This will tell you where you have OE set to store its data files. You'll have to look for yourself, I'm afraid. I've not used OE for years, somewhere under "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\LocalSettings\Application Data. they will be in dbx format. just copy them to removable media & then do as i previously posted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
0 Ratings