Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrintonFogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Can I use a Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB PVR with BT TV

Go to solution

I have the opportunity to acquire a Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB so wondered if I can connect my BT TV package instead of the supplied BT Youview box?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can I use a Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB PVR with BT TV

Go to solution

No, it would not work, as the serial number would not be a BT YouView box. The serial number is used for licencing and copyright validation.

MrShpak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I'm not sure. As there was a delay in delivery I have successfully used a talk talk box on bt. And I bet that Bt didn't have a serial number for it. The first time I run it it updated and all the talk talk branding was replaced by Bt. I now have the Bt box and all works fine. So I do think that as along as you have a subscription to Bt TV the box doesn't matter.
0 Ratings
MrShpak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Just one more thing. I just checked and I can confidently say it will not work as it doesn't do youview. See below.
Freeview Y
Freeview HD Y
Freesat HD N
Freeview + Y
Freesat + N
Hard Disc Size 500GB
YouView N
Freetime N
Freeview Play Y
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@MrShpak wrote:
So I do think that as along as you have a subscription to Bt TV the box doesn't matter.

That's not true and you should be careful not to post inaccurate information which might lead to others to waste money.

Your TalkTalk box worked because it's a YouView box and all YouView boxes can be used BT, TalkTalk or any other ISP. But the Panasonic box is NOT a YouView box so it will not work with BTTV. At all. 

0 Ratings
MrShpak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
I corrected myslef after reading the box specs. The generic answer is any youview box works. And as Panasonic one is not a youview box (after I checked the specs) will not work as posted.
0 Ratings