cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notfes53
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Can I use hub phone without BT BBTalk

One of our friends had an old BT Voyager 105 - so when we upgraded from BT Total Broadband Option 3 to Infinity, I gave our friends our old Home Hub v2. Simple question - is it possible for them to use the wireless hub phone on the HH v2 as another telephone extension without enabling Broadband Talk - BT's VOIP service?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
geaves
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can I use hub phone without BT BBTalk

Hm....should be able to because isnt there an option for the phone to ring both the talk number and the landline in Hub...certainly you could try,  got nothing to lose.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@geaves wrote:

Hm....should be able to because isnt there an option for the phone to ring both the talk number and the landline in Hub...certainly you could try,  got nothing to lose.

Also, you can call through your landline by pressing 5 on a hub phone before dialling out; you know you're on your landline when the tone changes.  Again, this may not work without BB Talk enabled but it's worth a try.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Without Broadband Talk, the hub phones default to the landline connection, provided that you set the option on the hub for the landline to ring the hub phone. There is no need to dial 5.

i.e. My landline   -  BT Hub Phones and Phone socket

The hub phones are normal DECT phones, and the home hub has a DECT base station inside.

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

As keith says, Yes.  just us the old hub as a base station I have for some time now.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings