cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Can I watch BT Sport channels on YouView Retail Box without BT TV subscription?

Go to solution

If I subscribe to the Entertainment Plus package then cancel after my contract ends but I still subscribe to BT Infinity broadband will I still be able to record all the BT Sport channels on my YouView+ box?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: Can I watch BT Sport channels on YouView Retail Box without BT TV subscription?

Go to solution

You need a current active subscription to BT TV in order to continue to  receive  BT sport channels on Youview - Previously recorded BT Sport programs on your Youview box also require a current active subscription to be viewed.

Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Re: Can I watch BT Sport channels on YouView Retail Box without BT TV subscription?

Go to solution
Thanks. What about the plan that costs nothing? Will I still be able to watch on that?

If so I assume that means I can no longer record shows even though my box is capable of recording?
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
Yes, you can cancel entertainment plus and keep BT sports as long as you have BT broadband. The youview box will still record freeview channels even if you cancel BT all together.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks but can I still record all the BT Sports channels on the YouView box?
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution
Yes, as long as you have BT infinity and a BT sport subscription.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
I ordered entertainment plus through quidco and got £100 cashback. So I got free youview+ box, £100 cashback for 12 x £10 (£120) subscription which I will cancel after 12 months and keep BT sport.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks mate I already use cashback sites. Was wondering though, can I still get cashback though as I'm an existing BT Infinity & BT Sport customer? Is there a specific site I should order from?

Do I need to wait until my contract is up for renewal or can I just order now?

Strangely I phoned BT earlier today just to ask questions about ordering and they offered me a £7 discount without asking?! My contract expires in January so I'm not sure why they offered me that discount.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Im on the entertanment max package that was £15 a month but went up to £16 a month last week.

I was using the older style BT Youview box that BT gave me just over 18 months ago but back at the start of March I bought a BT Youview G4 box from Currys and now use that for the BT TV and free BT Sports pack.

I still got the old style BT Youview box that I now just use as a Freeview PVR and for the free catch up players.

You have to be in a  BT contract to watch BT Sport. If you cancal all with BT then you will also lose BT Sport.

I will have to phone to renew all my BT contracts before the end of February and im hoping I get offered another discount on my Infinity 2.

I will keep the entertanmet max package and holpfully keep the full BT Sports package for free. Not that I watch BT Sport every day but I do watch BT Sport a few times a month.

Darren

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution
I renewed my BT infinity and BT sport in May, then at end of June I saw quidco offering £100 for BT tv. So that's when I signed up to entertainment plus.
0 Ratings