cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Can any-bod help. 6002 Unable to playback video, ERR VC017.

Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

I have been unable to watch any of the live sport programmes on BT Sport on my Mac. Everything else is working fine, the infinity is all good, I can browse and log into the BT Sport site. Just not access live video. 

My ipad shows them fine but not the Mac. The message I get is-- 6002 UNABLE TO PLAYBACK VIDEO. ERR VC017. I  have spoken to Bt technical and they say there is currently a technical problem accross several operating systems, including Firefox, windows 7 and Mac possibly more,  that they are working on.

I have been told that I should allow four days before ringing in again. This is very poor for anybody hoping to watch the Fulham Arsenal game on Saturday. Any suggestions or Comments please!

Ron. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can any-bod help. 6002 Unable to playback video, ERR VC017.

Go to solution
Which Mac?
Which Operating System?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, thanks.  the MAC is O.S.X 10.8.4

And the o/system is Safari.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
I have a Macbook Air with OSX 10.8.4 and it works.

I set the Date&Time to the correct timezone and set the clock to a 24-hour clock.

I also downloaded Chrome and that triggered the install of Silverlight.

Then it all sprang into life.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Try setting the clock to auto too, which will make sure you're on the right time zone.

BT TV Expert

I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here to give advice primarily on BT Vision. Go here for more info.

If my post has been helpful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

And make sure you're shown as the account holder, and your phone number is entered in My profile (top left on MyBT home page). 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

SUCCESS!!!

I new the service was working, as I tried it on a friends Mac with my log in details.

So it had to be something on my device causing the issue. I had checked all the add-on's & they all seemed up to-date, so I got in touch with Apple support. I must say the guy was very helpfull.

The problem seems to have been something to do with the time in the internals of the router and on the Mac.

They suggested. On saffari.

Changing the time to the wrong time. Then switching the whole machine off.

Turning the router off then on again. Then reseting the clock to the correct time and ticking the (set date and time automaticly) This apparently synchs the time in the router with that of the Mac.

Any way after I did this Everthing worked and I managed to watch the Fulham Arsenal game. Unfortunately I was able to watch my team lose. One thing! the  service does seem a little temperamental, When I click to watch the service, on the 1st attempt, I get an error message, then on the 2nd attempt it starts ok.

Anyway! To all that responded to my Querie. Thankyou Very much  

0 Ratings