Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of using your own Hub to access FON/OPENZONE

Go to solution

I have found some older threads that touch on this and with a few comments suggesting that although FON/OPENZONE usage should not count against you, that many thought it was being added to their monthly figures. 

So could anyone confirm whether usage by the ACCOUNT HOLDER themselves using their own BT login details to connect to their OWN HH in order to access BT  FON/OPENZONE is legitimate and does not add to their monthly usage ?

I ask because in setting up a new PC and with all updates and programs I needed etc I came right down to the wire last month, 9.98 Gb (on option 1).

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of using your own Hub to access FON/OPENZONE

Go to solution

Nothing wrong in using your own hub's BT Fon connection, and it will not count against your usage. Best only to use it if you need to protect your usage limit as it is likely to be a lot slower than your normal connection.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of using your own Hub to access FON/OPENZONE

Go to solution

It does not count against your download limit, but does count against your allowed usage minutes for FON, depending on which option you are on.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks folks, that is what I was hoping.

I did do a speed check when I tried it briefly and it was pretty good at around 5mbs vs 17mbs for my normal connection.

That's good, thanks again.  

0 Ratings