cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Can anyone get a straight answer from Openreach....

Is there anyone or anywhere you can get a straight answer from openreach on when a cabinet wil be connected?

I think I know whats going on. They are connecting exchanges to meet targets but not bothering with cabinets. Exchange connected = Fibre in area but the reality is very different.

I know this isnt an openreach forum but this seems to full of knowledgeable and helpful people. Maybe somone can find out when we can expect a power cable to be plugged into our cabinet. Seems to be most of our town that despite being 'enabled' cant get connected

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can anyone get a straight answer from Openreach....

Have you tried your local council or emailed nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk ?

0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Nga enquiries are not responding to people anymore. As for local council that's a good suggestion. I'll speak to my dad who happened to be a councillor but I don't think they would be holding it up...
0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Your council is your best bet then. Where about's do you live? Quite often councils have seperate NGA sites detailing the local rollout plans for areas. It's just a shame that some of them do little to promote these sites....

0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Live in St Helens

An area 'enabled for fibre' but with very few cabinets connected. I wonder if enabling the exchange ticks the box to say fibre delivered when the reality is your still waiting 12 months later before you can actually get it.

Ill just carry on impatiently waiting and taking my laptop to my parents when I need to download something big!

Ive also looked on the council's website and there is nothing to indicate on teh website that the required permit to dig up the road have been applied for

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hi Huwflet,

There may not be any road to dig up and even if there is there are only very limited situations where permission is required.

Try contacting www.superfastlancashire.com they may be able to help you.

Lancashire County Council has agreed a £62.5m project with BT. Fibre will be extended to 97% of premises by the end of 2014.

BT will contribute £30m to the project while £10.8m will come from BDUK, with £16.5m from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and £5.2m from local councils.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

So if no roadworks permit its probably down to lack of demand or laziness from the electricity company 😞

Thanks for link but we come under Merseyside Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Hi Huwflet,

My UK geography was learnt many years ago and I thought St. Helens was in Lancs - many apols.

So try Merseyside Connected website .

A partnership of five councils led by Liverpool City Council has signed a £15.9m contract with BT to make high-speed fibre broadband available to 98% of homes and businesses in Merseyside by the end of July 2016. About 89% of premises should be able to access ‘superfast’ speeds of 24Mbps and above by the end of the project.

The project is being funded by Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) (£5.46m) and the European Regional Development Fund (£4.4m). BT is contributing £6m. Interestingly, the councils are not contributing towards the project.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Well my date has slipped by another 6 months.

Local councilor has been concated but hasnt replied as yet. Next stop will be the MP's case worker (who I happen to know)

If I knew what the issue was I wouldnt be so frustrated but to be told its taking longer than expected and then just stick another 6 months on is poor customer service but then open reach probably dont care do they......

Oh I tried merseyside connected but they didnt reply Smiley Mad

0 Ratings