cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Can anyone help with my broad band issue please?

Hi all, I'm leaving this message here in desperation as I really don't know what else to do apart from cancel my contract with BT.

I had broadband and a phone line installed on the 26th of May and though the phone line went live straight away, the broadband has not worked. An engineer visited, advised the issue was at the echange and late called my partner to see if the blue light on the hub had come on. She confirmed it had and the engineer than closed the call.

I arrived home that evening to try and use the broadband and connected but the speed was abysmal.

I then ran a speed test which informed me my download speed was 0.38mbps. Obviously this speed is not worth paying for.

I called again to report the poor speed and was told an engineer would visit this morning between 8 and 1. My partner booked this time off from work but the engineer did not turn up. I spoke to the online service to report this and they said they could not see an appointment had been booked. I remembered to print off my previous online conversation with them and even quoted the reference number for the booking. They then said there was a technical issue at their end.

They have rebooked for next Monday and unless they resolve it there and then I can't see any other option but to cancel the whole thing.

I am so frustrated at the last of customer service and the fact I have to talk online to someone who is very apologetic but not able to help. I can't believe I can have a service installed on the 26th of last month and it still is not working!

And the fact that my partner has twice booked half days for the engineer appointments is just bad luck?

If anyone has any help or knows anyway to expedite the issue or speak to anyone with enough authority to log a complaint I'd be most grateful. Thank you

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Can anyone help with my broad band issue please?

from the speed can I assume that it was adsl (copper) and not fibre connection?

which hub do you have?

can you enter your phone number and post results remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Thank you, yes it is copper and not fibre.

My downstream line rate says up to 0.5mbps

The BT web site when checking says 1 meg estimated speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

can you post the results from the dslchecker please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

if you have a hh4 can you go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats  also got to logs and post 2 lines like this

19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

checker.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

So from that you are a very long way from the exchange with estimated speed of 0.5mb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

So theres nothing I can do?

Looks like I'll have to cancel it then Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

if your connection is activated and is as estimated there is 14 day cancellation.  you will be charged for terminating your contract early

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

and cancellation charges will be high as your contract has just started also you will get no better speed from any other provider due to your distance from the exchange
0 Ratings