cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smoke
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Can anyone help?

Have made a number of calls to BT about a significant loss of speed since a recent "upgrade" to my service.  I'm not getting far with their call centre - every call I place seems to involve going back to square one to explain that the problem has been caused by their upgrade rather than any of my gear.  

BT speedtester says the following:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 306 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :12050 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 888 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 8000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 15.03:59.48:25.49 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

My homehub says:

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Downstream12,050 Kbps
Upstream888 Kbps

Has anyone got any suggestions?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can anyone help?

when you say recent upgrade to servcie do you mean in the last 2 weeks? and if it was in the last month did your hub loose power or did you force a reset on it during the first 10 days?

if either answer is yes then there is a chance your in the training phase during which time the exchange should test your line and make changes to the sync speed etc, it also restricts your available download speed because it doesnt want you to use the full servcie untill after its established the capabilities of the line.

reseting power cycling swtching off the hub to save energy or try nad get a better sync/dowload speed all have an extreamly high chance of restartign the whole training phase and thus prolonging the agony.

the best advice if any of this sounds like you is leave all well alone untill either its been 10 days since the last forced reboot/reset/power change or the 10 day initial period is completed

then the throughput should increase and all be well.

if non of that applies then try mailing the mods about it and see if they can help.

@the mod team it might be a really good idea if the sales team and the ehlp desk could advise people of the operating limitations and the training phase perhaps you could suggest the correct departments instigate this both into there verbal and written communications.

0 Ratings