Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can anyone receive channel 8 in London?

Go to solution

Ironically, after months of my YV box erroneously telling me it had installed new channels practically everytime I switched it on, now there IS a new channel (London Live, a local channel on chan 8, which started broadcasting yesterday), I can't receive it!

I was surprised that there didn't seem to be a test card or message on the channel in advance of launch, but after 18:30 yesterday I looked for it and it wasn't there. I tried a full channel retune, but still nothing. Today, when I hoped it might have been added automatically overnight, there is still nothing, even after a further retune.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can anyone receive channel 8 in London?

Go to solution

Well i can only speak for myself - but this channel has been listed on my BT YouView box for over a month and just confirmed it is broadcasting.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

The local channels are broadcast at a much lower power than other Freeview channels.  You can use the coverage checker on the digitaluk site to see if you can receive your local channel.  I get our local channel here in Norfolk, but the signal strength is at 10% (quality is 100%) when other channels are in the high 50's to 60's in tems of signal strength.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks. I guess that must be the answer. And I'm only 8 miles from Crystal Palace transmitter! I suppose the London Live transmitter may be somewhere else, but I haven't been able to find any details yet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

ON Crystal Palace transmitter  London Live is on the channel 29 mux.

see

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TQ339712

This currently has  the following channels

LONDON LIVE, 64 Bonanza Bonanza, 75 Pop

The power is stated to be one tenth of the regular muxes but still is higher power than the com 7 HD mux.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Hi, I'm in Friern Barnet and I'm getting it at 55-65; its about 12m from Crystal Palace as the wave travels!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

And getting it here in the Southend area. Mind you you aint missing muchSmiley LOL

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Bromley, so not overly far from CP but no London live after retune reset then retune.
0 Ratings