cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhj
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Can somebody explain what type of fault leaves me without a phone for 15 days (and counting)

My phone went dead 15 days ago and I am still wating for it to be fixed despite numerous calls to BT using a mobile which has caused me enormous problems and expense. I am a long distance care to my mother and moter-in-law (both over 80) who rely on me to keep in contact, deal with their finaances and buy their shopping online. I have contacted BT 7 or 8 times but am no closed to a fix. Anybody know what sort of fault causes this length of delay?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can somebody explain what type of fault leaves me without a phone for 15 days (and counting)

I have flagged this messge to the moderators for you, they should be able to help.

Ray.

0 Ratings
dhj
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can somebody explain what type of fault leaves me without a phone for 15 days (and counting)

Oldgold - many thanks

0 Ratings
Brummagemartin
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Hope it fixed soon,you should be able to claim compensation ? for line rental from BT once its fixed 0800800-150

MARTIN

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 9

Hi dhj

Ouch! Sorry this has been going on so long.  I'll make sure we get this sorted out for you.

Could you drop me an email please with your BT account and Telephone number with a link back to this thread?

Just send in to forum.moderation.team@bt.com

Thanks

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dhj
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Update:  Received a call from BT yesterday to say that the first part of the work has been carried out and they were now waiting for BT engineers to do the next bit. It might be fixed by Friday 19th but if it isn't then it will be next week as nobody apparently works on weekends. This is an absolutely shocking situation and I have been without phone or internet for 17 days now and counting. My MP has taken this up on my behalf and I have also written a formal complaint but, as yet, BT have not given me the courtesy of a reply.

0 Ratings
dhj
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Further Update: Received another call from BT yesterday informing me that the work being undertaken to fix my fault has now stopped due to an 'additional problem'. There is now NO fix date and NO date for re-commencement of the work. Does anybody have any idea how I can escalate this?

0 Ratings
dhj
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Update:   Spoken to somebody else now who tells me that he is waiting for Openreach to tell him what is going on. He confirmed that it was unlikely that I would have a phone line for Monday - that would take it to 21 days without a telephone line or internet access. Are you people for real?? I assume from the deafening silence that you are unable to help me.

0 Ratings
dhj
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Further Update:  Just been told by BT that the trunking work will not be completed until 26 March. I still do not have a date for supply of a phone. I am completely at a loss as to how this company is getting away with it.

0 Ratings