cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Can someone help move me from ADSL Max to ADSL2+

I have just joined BT from SKY but have been put on ADSL Max broadband. Can someone help get this changed to ADSL 2+ please. I have tried to get help over the phone but keep getting passed around, cut off, misunderstood etc.

I was connected to ADSL 2+ on sky through LLU and connection speed was around 9000 kbps down and 800 kbps up.

Through BT my connection which has now gone through training as it has been solid for 5 days is only 7264 kbps down (SNR 6.1db) and 448 kbps up (SNR 24.0db).

ADSL2 I hope should provide a reasonable increase in the down spead but it is more the up spead that is bothering me as my daughter uses the cloud etc. up speed is quite important and ADSL Max limits this to 448 kbps.

I have checked my number through the BT wholesale ADSL Checker and ADSL2+ is available. see below. You will see the estimates for my number are quite low but as I am in a new build property etc. I am getting faster than estimates and had solid connection with Sky on ADSL2 for the past year apart from a period where there was a fault on my line. After the fault was fixed the engineer said I had one of the best lines in the street :). I have just posted this to prove ADSL 2 is available as one of the people who I spoke to on the phone said it was not. I think he thought I meant fibre!

Thanks in advance

Stuart

BT Wholsale.JPG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can someone help move me from ADSL Max to ADSL2+

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi @ruthesg Welcome to the forum.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi John,

I sent my details through on 1/12 but haven't heard anything since. 

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved. They are a very good team.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @ruthesg,

Thanks for posting. I've checked this for you and can see your case handler has tried calling a few times. I've also tested what's available and I'm sorry but at his time we're unable to move you over to ADSL2+.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings