cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Can someone look into this for me?

Hello, Ive been looking to get bt infinity  for what seems like ages now, im at my wits end so i thought id try here. My exchange (pomeroy northern ireland) doesnt seem to be enabled yet. Even though on this it says it is available :- 

http://www.fasterbroadbandni.com/checkcabinet.php?exchange_id=135

Closest one to me is p6, it says ready for customer orders and has been like that for a few months. Now I know bt infinity is restricted by line length but I have put in a phone number for a local business right beside one of these cabinets on the infinity website and it gives me same as mine, 1mb and not available yet. All my other local exchange towns have infinity enabled, donaghmore 5miles away, cookstown 7miles away, dungannon7 miles away etc, why is pomeroy not turned on yet? I am 0.9mile from one new green cabinet and 1.1 from another. I thought I couldnt get infinity because of line length just, but with trying phone number of a local business right beside one of these new green cabinets and it cant get infinity either yet and seeing exchange data in samknows saying it isnt switched on yet i want find out why pomeroy hasnt got infinity anywhere yet. 

Here is samknows infomation:-

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NIPY

nothiing available.

Also if anyone could give me information on the new sub 15mb infinity checker thing, the checker before I know let you order if you were over 15mb, can you get it under that now, I heard infinity were bringing out a lower package rate. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can someone look into this for me?

BT still require a minimum of 15mb before you can get infinity but other fibre providers may provide to lower speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 3 of 6

I thought that but ive tried various business numbers in the checkers that are feet from new green cabinets and they cant get it either. Is there a website or can someone check for me when pomeroy will get it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Even BT openreach Do not list your exchange as being fibre ready
0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

In the same boat here, although when I put check a local filling station to me with the cab right across the road, it says its available to them.  If you try to continue it then tells you its not available.

The cab is listed as accepting CP orders, so I guess its in the process of infinity setting up for here.

0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 6 of 6

I think now im on p10 on this website not p6, http://www.fasterbroadbandni.com/checkcabinet.php?exchange_id=135 The rock cabinet, Its due date for installation with fibre is Jan 31st 2011. According to google maps im 0.9miles from this cabinet, i hope I can get faster internet soon.

0 Ratings