cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monty251
Message 1 of 17

Can't Connect - First time.

Go to solution

Hi i am asking for some help here, today (30th March) is my activation day, and in the BT user guide it says that my broadband will be active at 12AM on your activation day. This is now 1:33 AM and i've been waiting 1 hour. I'm currently posting from my SKY Broadband. 

The red "broadband" light will not go away - i do not get a "steady blue" light indicating that my broadband is connected. I have tried restarting, tried defaulting the settings blahblahblah! I've got the filters in etc.

This is really disappointing from BT and also a very bad first hand experience for me.

Smiley Sad

Alan.

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
strontium90
Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Can't Connect - First time.

Go to solution

my girlfriend connected toiday to option 1 from aol (has took her a fortnight as aol wouldnt give mac code to bt)...phone bt tomorrow and I guarantee they will say "mac code wasn't accepted"....its all rubbish...try tomorrow cos it's the 30th (you don't want another month of skybb)

regards strontium90

0 Ratings
deedee
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Activation can take place anytime up to midnight on the day of activation.They don't give exact times but connection usually takes place in the evening.It's still only early on your activation day.Wait and i'm sure you'll be connected before midnight tonight.

Monty251
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Ok it's working now. BT Full Broadband activated. Haven't saw much difference though, what's a good way to test speed?

0 Ratings
utopian
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

you need to leave for about 10 days to allow your line to sort itself out..

0 Ratings
Crawford
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution
Hi I am waiting for broad band to activate but already have a red broadband signal on the hub, does this mean I should be able to access broadband? I am so appalled with BT service so far that I don't expect the broadband to be running on time but hoped it might still activate today. The equipment wasn't despatched apparently, despite the fact I received a royal mail tracking code (was this just made up?), I am having to use an old hub. Also, my BT account with my new email address and password is not recognised on the website either. I tried to phone but was on hold for 15 minutes and tried to reach an assistant via online chat and was waiting 20 minutes, is this really the best BT can do with all it's experience? I would like to know whether I can cancel the broadband service if it hasn't activated yet? Any help or words of support greatly received!
Ps. MY order tracking on BT no longer has any details about broadband order, just refers to BT vision which I will be cancelling tomorrow as cannot bear to go through this again.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

was activation due today?   if so it can and often does take till midnight before activation.  the red light shows there is no broadband connection.

you need to cancel before your line is active otherwise you will end up having to pay early cancellation charges.  the cancellation period is before activation and not after

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Crawford
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
Does that really mean it will activate in 15 minutes time? Everything else has gone wrong so I find it hard to believe that the broadband will come on! Thanks for advice
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

it wouldn't be the first time that people have reported that activation was at 12 midnight but there just as many where activation didn't happen on the day expected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Crawford
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks. I understand that if activation hasn't happened by tomorrow I can cancel the order. I am so amazed that a company as big as BT can get things so badly wrong!
0 Ratings