cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can't Delete Old Sub Email Account

With BT Mail we get the ability to have up to 11 email addresses through the main account. I've reached 10 now and wanted to delete an old sub email account I no longer use. Easy you would think - WRONG! The guide tells us to click on manage email accounts, scroll to the address to delete, click delete, click confirm and then voila it should delete. However when I try to do this the process seems to work but after clicking confirm the account doesn't delete. Have tried loads of times and using different browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) but still won't delete. Contacted BT help via web chat last Friday and after around 30 mins was advised someone from the networks team would call me today (Monday). As promised BT called and then walked me through what I had already done, didn't want to burst their bubble by saying I'd already tried all of that before even contacting support Smiley Very Happy . The lady who called then informed me they would have to delete the account themselves but would take up to 4 weeks, yes you heard me right 4 WEEKS!! NO idea why this will take that long but there you go. Perhaps it's something still to do with my previous corrupt ID/Account. Wonder if @JohnC2 can offer some help with this. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Getting an Email Address to Delete....

Hi @darrenfm . Did you get a reply from support or the Mods? I'm having the same problem. I had a call back from Bt today and they said they would have to delete the account for me but could take up to 4 weeks! Be interested to know if you have had any success yourself. Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Re: Can't Delete Old Sub Email Account

Hi @Pirate983,

I'll be able to help remove your old email addresses. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi @PaddyB Just sent you details using Contact The Mods.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Pirate983 - No I did not get this resolved, I still have an email account active that I cannot delete. @PaddyB - am I able to cpontact you via 'Contact the Mods' to get this done? The obvious question is why the delete process does not work so we can manage email addresses ourselves!?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Hi @darrenfm,

I'll be able to help delete that old sub account. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I have a number of deleted sub email accounts, that have not been removed from my Email Names list, I thought this was done automatically after 60 days

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Hi @pasully,

We'll need to take a look into it for you and look into manually removing them. You can get in touch by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll get back in touch with you over the next few days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings