Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greigb1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Can't access Emails

Go to solution

For the past week or so i have no access to my email address (@btinternet.com) I am in afgahnistan at the momemnt so got no access to calling the premium mail helpline. 

I have tried the live assistance chat, but they just seem unable to solve my problem. when i try to login i get this but no button to press to get passed this. It's now causing a real drain as i use the email to email family back home.

You're logged in to BT Yahoo

Make sure your BT Yahoo email is secure 
We've detected some unusual activity on your email account, and we think it may be compromised. As a precautionary measure, please follow the steps below to ensure your account is secure.

Step 1

Download anti-virus software

The first step is to download up-to-date anti-virus software and complete a full system scan on each of your devices.

Even if you already have anti-virus software, in some instances it can fail to detect certain viruses, so its best to double check by downloading another anti-virus software. You can get further advice on our website at bt.com/secure

If you're a BT Broadband customer, you can log in to My BT to download BT NetProtect Plus. If not, we recommend downloading one of these free anti-virus software packages: McAfee Stinger, Microsoft Security Essentials or Sophos Antivirus for Mac.

Step 2

Change your BT Yahoo password

Once you are sure that all your devices are virus-free, you need to change your BT Yahoo password. Make sure you choose a strong password that you haven't used before. You can get advice on choosing a strong password.

change password

Step 3

You're now ready to log in to BT Yahoo using your new password.

Log back into BT Yahoo!

Step 4

Update your password on your email client and/or devices

If you use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, you will need to update your password. You'll also need to update your password on any mobile or tablet devices which you use to check your BT Yahoo Mail.

Get help with updating your password at www.bt.com/emailsetup

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Tidybeard
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't access Emails

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had the same problem for the last few days and ended up at the same screen. I changed my password and I'm back on now.

If you click the "change password" button and follow the steps, you'll go back to the screen you're on now, then hit the "log back in" button and you should be back. You'll need to update to the new password for your mail account on whatever devices you use to get mail too.

Ironically I found this by accident - when I got my mails back there was one from BT saying that they were restricting access and that I needed to change my password....which I never received because they had restricted my access....

Anyway, hope this works for you.

0 Ratings
greigb1
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry, but we're having some trouble matching the email name and password you've entered.

Please check that you've entered everything correctly, including any capital or non-capital letters in your password, and try again.

Thank you.

i get this screen when i try to enter a new password even thought the password is the one i used to get the screen on my first post

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you are still with BTYahoo, as against having been migrated to BTMail, there has been problems with the Yahoo email service which may be causing your problems.

Try these links to change your password. If they don't work for you post back and a moderator may be able to become involved.

https://www.bt.com/managepassword/merged_consumer_journey/forgottenpasswordnavPC.do?decorator=merged...

or

http://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

It might be worth setting up a gmail email account as an alternative/backup to your BT account. You can then set it up to forward any emails to to your BT email account and vice versa, when you finally get access to it and at least then if one or other of them went down you would still get your emails.

0 Ratings
greigb1
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

yer still no luck just says contact service desk. I can not remember my anwser to the secuirty questions (my favourite food must of changed in the last few years)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Greigb1,

I'll be able to help you get access to your email. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Meneagester
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You're logged in to BT Yahoo

Make sure your BT Yahoo email is secure
We've detected some unusual activity on your email account, and we think it may be compromised. As a precautionary measure, please follow the steps below to ensure your account is secure.

I get the above message also, this is even after i reset my password.

0 Ratings
GSRog
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I have had exactly the same problem as this on a number of occasions recently, when I first log-in to Yahoo Mail.

It is very tedious having to change one's password every day, and then to update the I-Pad etc.

Why does it happen?

0 Ratings