Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swaffie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Can't access btfon/openzone from iPhone

Hi,

Just changed bband from orange to bt total bband - homehub turned up on friday, new service activated - even seems to be 50% faster connection. So far, so good.

BT fon activated 24hrs later, so opted in using my btinternet account details and got email confirmation.

Went out and about, found a couple of bt openzone & fon signals and tried to connect. Got the landing page and chose bt fon and entered account details. Error message suggesting incorrect details so tried again. Still same error message. The same happened with btopenzone option. Tried logging in to the bt fon website - no problems. Checked my status - Opted In. Downloaded iphone app, entered details and located hotspots. App just sits there trying to connect and tells me I am not connected.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't access btfon/openzone from iPhone

Hi Swaffie,

Welcome to the forums.

Have a look through KerryGs post, sticky on this board, and run through the steps there.  This should work for you ok.

You can see the thread here.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
swaffie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'd tried those options, as well as other ideas on this forum prior to posting the problem - I was running out of options!!. I have since deleted and re-installed the iphone app. Whilst it still has the odd 'hanging' problem, I can now get a connection to openzone/fon hotspots most of the time using the app. Openzone seems to be the most reliable in terms of connecting. (I still think it is the iphone app that is the issue).

Regards

Swaffie.

0 Ratings
H_Dawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

As far as your original post goes, it says you chose FON and Openzone when connecting. You're meant to choose BT Total Broadband.

Thankfully the app seems to be working ok for you and has sorted out your problems.

Happy surfing.

adamjb68
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings