cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 16

Can't access certain websites via our BT Broadband Connection...please help !

Go to solution

Hello There

Hope this email reaches you well and we hope you can help. We just had our BT Broadband activated on the 5th Feb 2013 and everything looks good. However we are experiencing problems accessing well known and familiar web sites whereby the browser (IE) just sits there waiting for the website to load and nothing happens for minutes and then fails. Websites which do not load are :

www.facebook.com

www.ebay.co.uk

www.mybuilder.com

www.johnlewis.com

www.marksandspencer.com

bt.yahoo.com

www.yahoo.co.uk

www.yahoo.com

www.halifax-online.co.uk

BT community forums

www.bbc.co.uk

We've tried accessing the above sites on other devices - work laptop, Ipads, Nexus 7 and the browsers just hang there trying to load the websites...

Can you investigate to see what the issue is here as please as we are presently using our mobile phones to access our email accounts, above sites...not good.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks, Raymond

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Can't access certain websites via our BT Broadband Connection...please help !

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

Do you have an ADSL connection, or are you on Infinity?

Have you tried a different web browser?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 16

Re: Can't access certain websites via our BT Broadband Connection...please help !

Go to solution

Hello Keith...

Thanks for your reply...

Its an ASDL connection...

We have tried multiple laptops, tablets along with various browsers, IE, Chrome, Firefox etc...but nothing.

The above websites don't come up and just hang there.

I turned off all the firewalls, etc. and still nothing.

I've even change the DNS, etc and still nothing.

Hoping someone on the forums here can help or have experienced these issues.

Thanks, Raymond

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
have you tried clearing your browser history and cookies
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Are all the lights lit on your home hub?

What are your current ADSL Statistics

Have you tried resetting the BT Home hub to factory default?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the responses...have cleared the browser cache and cookies but to no avail....

At work at the moment to check ADSL stats will post when I get home...

I'm sure I read somewhere on the forums that the line may need to be reset, because of these issues !?!

Had any other forums members experienced this recently ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

A home hub factory reset is the first thing to try.

Its possible that there is an issue with the databuild of your exchange port, but the simple things have to be tried first.

You could also see if you can ping the IP adresses of these websites.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Keith...I try a reset last night and still the same...

Hence I assuming it more than just a hardware issue...

Will try pinging the address this evening when I get home from work...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
Would just like to say- I'm having similar issues, however all of the sites now work except for Google. Could it be an SSL / HTTPS issue?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks AgentClank...

Glad Im not the only one...very fustrating not being able to access the usual sites...especially since we've just moved house and practically need the internet to buy and arrange stuff...so when BT Broadband got activated we took a big sigh of relief as we no longer had to use our mobiles and 3G USB dongles...but feeling disgruntled as we can't access the websites that we need...Any one with any suggestion as to how to help ? Will be reset the hub again this PM and trying to ping the website affected but I'm getting the feeling that its an exchange problem....

0 Ratings