cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nerfbat
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Can't access email account

I have an email account I can't access - one day I stopped receiving emails, and it appeared my password had stopped working. I followed the procedure to change my password, but for some reason my security questions seemed to fail and I'm now completely locked out of the account. 
I tried web help where someone from India gave me a number to ring which merely played a recorded message which didn't help me at all. 
I can't find anyone to contact who seems able to help ...this is an email address I've had for a good 15 years, and I'd rather not lose it...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't access email account

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
susiew
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Exactly the same thing happened to me today, the second time in about a month.  You need to call the support no again, because you will not be able to reset your password yourself.  It takes ages to get an answer, but once you do, ask to speak to level 2 support and tell them what has happened.  They can reset your password, then you have to go online to set a new password. 

the first time this happened to me, about a month ago, I spent hours on the phone to the call centre in India, and kept being passed from one person to another.  Eventually I was told that nothing could be done as my account had been deleted but this person did not know why or how.  Later my husband called them, spoke to a different person and insisted that they reinstate my account (which is one of four subsidiary btinternet accounts btw) and it was done, again by them resetting the password.

So don't be fobbed off, it can be done:  I have got my email account back (for now at least!)

0 Ratings
Nerfbat
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I am a BT customer, and an ex-employee with 19 years service with BT, but I have given up trying to get my email address back after being fobbed off and sent around in circles by the Indian helpdesk people.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 6

Hi Nerfbat,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts, I'm really sorry to read about the email issues you've been having. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your email details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
susiew
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Hi Nerfbat
It had just happened to me again (it seems to be every month) and I had to make the call again. I will probably phase the account out as I can't keep going through this. But I have my email ac back for now.
You can do the same if you insist on speaking to a member of the level 2 team. They are the Yahoo people. The ones who answer the call initially are not able to deal with it and will probably tell you your account has been deleted.
The only explanation I could get was that it is caused by the migration from the Yahoo server to the new BT one.
Good luck with it anyway
0 Ratings