Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indrid
Contributor
Message 1 of 48

Can't access the Online Player, nobody can help

Go to solution

I am at my wit's end.

I am an Infinity customer, and all I want is access to the BT Sport Online Player.  This seems to baffle absolutely everybody at BT.

I can't activate the player online, since it constantly gives me an error. Why you need everyone to manually activate a free service is beyond me.  Just do it for us.

After a few days of this error I call up, and must answer the automated question.  I say "BT Sport".  This puts me through to the BT Sport (sales) team.  I did this on Sunday and the helpful agent said they'd add BT Sport to my account and I'd get a welcome e-mail within 15 minutes or at most 24hrs.

It's now Tuesday and nothing is working still, so I call up again. Again I'm put through to the sales team because of the useless voice recognition system.  The guy says he can't help me at all being on the sales team, and gives me a new number.

.... The new number goes to the exact same place; merely a robot asking me to state my problem.  I say "Technical Support" this time and am put through to an automated robot that tests my line and calls me back.  The tests are done (I assume) and I get the call back.  The robot says they can't solve my problem (without anybody asking what the problem was) so I'm put through to a human.

This person is from the landline technical department and has nothing to do with BT Sport, so puts me through to someone else.   I don't know where this was, but they listen and seem to try to do something... but then just transfer me to someone else. This is, you guessed it, the BT Sport team!

I explain to the guy that I've been passed around for ages and want this fixed, and he seems confident that he can.  After a few minutes of "looking into it" he puts me on hold. The hold music plays and I wait, before suddenly being put back into a "queue"....

... for 45 minjutes, and nobody answers. I hang up in anger.

Enraged at this point, I call back to the BT Sport team.  The poor lady on the other end takes the brunt of my frustration but reiterates that they are just a sales team and can't help me at all.  She gives me the number for "tech support" which is just the same number I was given before (08001114567) that just goes to the voice thing again.  I explain this and she's very sorry but otherwise totally out of ideas.

Can anyone tell me what to do here?  This is the most ridiculous experience I've ever had with customer service and I've no idea what to do.  I can't believe that it's so difficult for BT to just Activate my account for BT Sport so I can use the Online player.

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 48

Re: Can't access the Online Player, nobody can help

Go to solution

If you go to BT.com and then login to MYBT and look at the extras does BT sport say ready for use?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Indrid
Contributor
Message 3 of 48

Go to solution

No, it says I must activate it.  Which I try to do via the link, hit the checkbox confirming my account, but just get the same cryptic error over and over. It says this:

There's been a technical error – but you can still place your order online.

To order a Broadband and Calls package with optional TV, click here
To add BT Vision to your existing BT broadband package, click here
To order a new phone line, click here
To switch your calls back to BT Click here

Ref# CON-0113

0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution
One option if you look in my bt have you got a phone number against your account I have read on another thread this helped someone fix this. Ie they did not have a phone number against their account. Sorry I don't remember the detail
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 48

Go to solution

tvw has a good point - a few others have reported this solution. Log in to MyBT and click "My profile" at top left; enter your phone number if it's not there.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Indrid
Contributor
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

Yup my number is there.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware activation is only related to TV services, and provided that your computer has the necessary software all you need to get BT Sport online is a BT broadband contract and a BT.com ID (ie the MyBT log-in details). A forum moderator should be along later to help.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Indrid
Contributor
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

What you are saying is how I assumed it would work and seems to make perfect sense, but no.  They still want you to "activate" the Online Player for whatever reason, and it doesn't work as you can see from all these topics.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Indrid,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Indrid
Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution

Okay I used the form, reference: 130813-******.

Thanks

0 Ratings