Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 48

Re: Can't access the Online Player, nobody can help

Go to solution

Best to remove your ref as it's a private number on a public forum. Hope the mods can help.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Indrid
Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

Well I got a response which is completely useless.  It's as if they didn't even read what I said.  I am getting so angry about this.

It says I can "re-open" the issue if I'm not satisfied.  How do I do that?  It does not say.  I don't want to start all over again with another message they won't read. I will just reply to the e-mail I guess.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution
Just ring them up and tell them to reopen the fault as its not solved
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Indrid
Contributor
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution

"Just ringing them up" doesn't work so well if you read my initial post.  Everyone there seems to be utterly clueless about this.  Loads of topics here about the same thing, and they do nothing.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution
Just ringing them usually works for me, but anyway what was the "solution" offered?
--
0 Ratings
Indrid
Contributor
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

It seemed like a copy/paste response regarding Microsoft Siverlight (which I have already).  Might be relevant if I could access the Online player at all to begin with. This was their response:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Live Streaming.

The video player on the BT Sport website requires a Microsoft Silverlight plug-in because we use Microsoft PlayReady DRM to protect video content from piracy. 

If you receive an error code on the online player that doesn't begin with the letters 'VC' (for example, 6003, 6025, 6030), this means Silverlight is not working with your computer. This may be for a number of reasons, such as the specification of your machine or the version of the browser that you're using. Some Silverlight errors may be resolved by resetting the date and time settings of your computer. 

It's possible to download the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight from here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx 

This site also offers guidance on system requirements and support for getting Silverlight working on your computer. 

The BT Sport online player will detect if you don't have the correct version of Silverlight and prompt you to download the most up-to-date version.

If the player doesn't do this automatically, you can find it here: www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight.

Click 'Run' to download the latest version. You'll then have to accept Microsoft's licence agreement and privacy statement before the installation will begin. After you have done this, you may need to close your browser and reopen it.

All of it completely irrelevant to my problem.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution
I assume your problem is with your MYBT ID
--
0 Ratings
yongkuk
Contributor
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

I ma so glad I have not paid for this. I thought I would have a look at the online player as an Infinity customer. After trying to get it work on 7 machines across 4 different browsers I have given up. I think there will be many disappointed football fans come 3pm Saturday. Good luck.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution
I have it working on several different devices, everything except Android and BT Vision, so I think there will be many happy fans.
--
0 Ratings
yongkuk
Contributor
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

How long have you worked for BT then? LOL

0 Ratings