cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miamoo
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Can't access the free wifi now?

Hi I need some help please. My BT Infinity wifi was meant to be on 28th Nov, but there's a delay and they are hoping it will be on by the 9th, which is a total nightmare as I desperately need my internet on.

On Friday I managed to use the free BT fon thing, but yesterday and today it just wont work. Its coming up as an available network on the laptop, its connecting and then its saying 'connected no internet', it has a strong signal.

It wont work on my iphone, it mostly just wont connect at all, and occasionally it will pop up that its wifi for just a few seconds, but then off again.

Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't access the free wifi now?

It could be that the owner of the hotspot needs to reset his/her Homehub. This can not be done by BT so unless you know who is broadcasting the BTWifi signal there is nothing that can be done.

Can you try a different hotspot?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't access the free wifi now?

Infinity is a broadband service that can use both a wired and wireless service not a Wi-Fi service are you trying to use the BT Wi-Fi from your own hub because if you have no broadband the Wi-Fi from your hub to connect to the internet
0 Ratings