Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Can't access webmail

Go to solution

When I try to access webmail (where I store my important stuff) the box clears the password field and just jumps back to the user@btinternet.com field.  I can access sub accounts OK but not the main one!  Outlook receives and sends perfectly so there is some issue between the BT logon interface and the website.  Definitely not a password issue.  India have been great on the chatline but now escalated to level 2 - 24 to 48 hours' wait apparently.  Does anyone here have any idea?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 23

Re: Can't access webmail

Go to solution

Hi yes I have the same problem just waiting on call from BT, this happened on 14thJune after I up graded my broadband from option 1 to option 2 fiber sorry I cannot be help with this matter just if I get the phone call to day and they fix the issu i will come bact to forum and let you know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

I changed one of my telephone call plans online just before this happened.  Can't see why that would have affected my access to webmail though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

I'm having the same issue with my main account. I recently upgraded to Infinity. I would be interested to know how you get on with getting this resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I wonder if the UK team can look at this as I really, really need to get to my webmail.

Went online to change a call plan this morning.  (Telephone, nothing to do with broadband).

After that I can't get to my webpage.  Fields revert to user@btinternet.com and a blank one where I typed my password.

No error messages.

Can access BT mail normally via Outlook.

Many very important things stored in webmail.

India helpful but out of their depth.  Promise to call within 48 hours!

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Please can one of the mods here give me details of how to contact them so that my issue can be resolved.  I can't log onto my webmail even though sub-account holders can.  Outlook loads emails so not a password issue but vital information stored on the web page. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Vicario,

This is a Customer to Customer self-help Community Forum so not all posts are seen by BT. I've been reading this today and I agree that it needs to be picked up. You can get in touch with me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few days to pick it up but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Thank you Daniel - I'm very grateful.  It's clearly something simple but as I use webmail for storage it's absolutely vital I get in soon for work reasons.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Sorry, but I can't help but wonder why on earth you would entrust important information to be held by a third party. Particularly a flaky webmail system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

I have been having a problem signing into web email since Saturday (7 Days) I can get into My BT Accoint it is when I click on email I get a message saying;

Sorry

We're experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

I waited until Wednesday and then spoke online to obtain help, they called me back and requested access to my system, I have always used Mozilla Firefox, they asked me to delete all my history, which has been a pain, but still the same, so they said it was the browser problem, so they asked to use Internet Explorer which I had never used on this new laptop, same problem again, so they said they would raise the issue and call me back this morning

When I received the call, the guy said I would need to download Google Chrome as the other browers had problems? he did this I was then able to access my mail online, when I went 25 minutes later to access again, back the original problem, Sorry we are experiencing a temporrary problem

It is not easy speaking to another country, also I find it difficult speaking on the phone and entering passwords etc at the same time. I have been with BT Broadband two years never had any problems until now.

I did not feel I could chat online once again!

Can someone please help.

0 Ratings