cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DW16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Can't activate my BT ID because apparently my account number isn't recognised.

Go to solution

I've just had my broadband and TV activated, and I have received some emails asking me to activate my BT ID, so that I can use my BT sport app, and view my bills online.

Every time I click the link, it takes me to a BT website that asks for my account number. I've entered the account number from my BT letter numerous times, and every time it says the account number isn't recognized.

I then google "activate BT ID", and it takes me to a BT page that asks for my BT ID username (which is my gmail address). I enter it, and it says it's not a valid email address. 

When I try to access the BT Sport website, it takes me straight to a BT page saying "you haven't activated ebilling", and asks me for my account number again - which leads to the same outcome above. 

I spent over half an hour on the live chat this afternoon, and they could only tell me that I would receive a call from BT to resolve this within 24 hours. The whole thing is a massive headache. I only moved from Virgin to BT because of the BT sport app, and now I find I'm unable to use it because BT somehow messed up my account.

Has anyone else had issues with activating their BT ID?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't activate my BT ID because apparently my account number isn't recognised.

Go to solution

@DW16 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems you've had activating your BT ID. If you're account number on the letter begins with the numbers 02 please drop these and replace with GB when you're asked for this info when registering your BT ID.

Let me know if that helps?

DW16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Can't activate my BT ID because apparently my account number isn't recognised.

Go to solution

It worked perfectly! Thank you!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Of course, its so obvious you need to replace 02 with GB, why would anybody ever think otherwise. Its perfectly normal to have to change random characters in an account number when registering on a website.

You couldn't make it up!!!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@DW16 Thanks for posting back to let me know that worked Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

For avoidance of doubt, my jibe was aimed at BT not @NeilO

0 Ratings