cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArtheyArth
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Can't believe it! BTInternet closed my email address and I had no idea I need help!

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I really need some help regarding my btinterent email address. After countless days of calling up BT, going on chat they couldn't help me resolve the problem and they didnt know what they was talking about I kept getting put on hold and then asking to speak to some other department and get sent around different departments just to get told that they can't help me.

I had my email with bt for years a very long time it was my first ever email address and I used it for almost everything, I remember most of my passwords so I didn't login for a while also I was traveling and had no idea that my account was closed down and now when I had to reset my twitter password because my account on twitter got locked I couldn't do it because aparently my bt doesnt exist no more, I log in on the email on bt just to get the message it had been deleted for not being active? So what can I do can anyone help me? When I send emails to my account it doesnt come up with an error of it being a wrong server so it still exists? Can my emails that get sent get redirected to a different adress that I hold with another provider? Please is there any way I can get sent my twitter confirmation that get sent to my bt address that got deleted? PLEASE HELP OUT

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Can't believe it! BTInternet closed my email address and I had no idea I need help!

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum. @ArtheyArth

Are you a current BT Broiadband customer?

0 Ratings
ArtheyArth
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Re: Can't believe it! BTInternet closed my email address and I had no idea I need help!

Go to solution

i was... gone past the 90 day stage f the email itss actually deleted anything i can do? its not suspended its actually deleted?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

If you are no longer a BT Broadband customer, and did not pay for BT Premium Mail when you left BT, then your account would have been deleted, and there is no way to recover it now.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@ArtheyArth wrote:

Hi everyone,

I really need some help regarding my btinterent email address. After countless days of calling up BT, going on chat they couldn't help me resolve the problem and they didnt know what they was talking about I kept getting put on hold and then asking to speak to some other department and get sent around different departments just to get told that they can't help me.

I had my email with bt for years a very long time it was my first ever email address and I used it for almost everything, I remember most of my passwords so I didn't login for a while also I was traveling and had no idea that my account was closed down and now when I had to reset my twitter password because my account on twitter got locked I couldn't do it because aparently my bt doesnt exist no more, I log in on the email on bt just to get the message it had been deleted for not being active? So what can I do can anyone help me? When I send emails to my account it doesnt come up with an error of it being a wrong server so it still exists? Can my emails that get sent get redirected to a different adress that I hold with another provider? Please is there any way I can get sent my twitter confirmation that get sent to my bt address that got deleted? PLEASE HELP OUT

Hi, welcome to the forums/

Unfortunately, stopping your service will render your account inoperable after a set period of time which appears to be 90 days as you've been informed.

As you've seen, emails sent to the account do not bounce. This may be a temporary thing as the account could actually still be in a limbo state. Which could mean that the account might still be able to be resurrected. You need to contact the service team. However, as you're now a non BTinternet user, this might not be possible anymore.

As for your twitter account, did you associate a mobile number with the account ? If so, you should be able to use that route.

As for other online accesses, you need to make sure that they are updated with a new email address. Note that sites that you used your BTinternet email address as the login, these will still work. However, you do need to check their systems to see if you can alter the login ID to a different email address.

0 Ratings
ArtheyArth
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

i have not srtopped my service it was a sub email which my father owned the accout and set sub email for me to use on his account , i havent been on the account now i login to my bt using the email address and password and it works but bt email wont? and they said the email does assosiacte with my fathers account? and yes the emails do not bounce it doesnt say failed to deliver...... i called and they wasnt much help to me.

My question is, is there any possible chance AT ALL to get my email back? What if I pay to go on bt premium can they move this expired/deleted email to it? What if someone geuinely had no idea their email was to get deleted? Which is in my case what happened if I knew it would be deleted I would of obviously logged in! no i didnt associate a number with twitter only my bt email it was prior to this the most realiable email to me

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@ArtheyArth if you don't use your email for 90 days it gets suspended but the account holder can reactivate it within 60 days of it being suspended. Check out the link for more info on this. If the 60 days have now passed then I'm afraid the email address will be deleted and we can't reactivate it.

0 Ratings
ArtheyArth
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Yes it seems the email has been deleted but is there any chance to get it back at all after this supension period ? I had no idea at all about this!! Please or atleast can I create a new email to which everything that went to my deleted email forwards to and like someone said if it doesnt say failed deliver when you email it means that the email is still somewhere on the server I really need help getting my email back has importand information for my twitter and there aint no way I can get it back unless I access my email.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

The short answer is no. As has been pointed out, if the 60 days suspension period has passed, your emails will have been deleted and can not be recovered, accessed or forwarded.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-mail-address-been-deleted%3F

0 Ratings