cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuddy453
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Can't cast BT Sport from PC to TV via chromecast

I've recently bought a chromecast.  It was set up without problems and works perfectly with BBC Iplayer and ITV player.  It also works perfectly when casting a video clip from BT Sport, but I cannot cast a live BT Sport broadcast.  

Oddly it did work (partially) the first time I tried - but without sound - but I have never managed a connection since.  If i try to cast directly I get an error message that there is no device.  If I cast a video clip first then try to cast BT Sport on another tab, it seems to recognise the device, but the box to 'cast BT Sport' doesn't react when clicked.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't cast BT Sport from PC to TV via chromecast

0 Ratings
cuddy453
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that information.

However, despite the pessimism, I have now found a workaround method to enable casting from the PC (running Windows 8.1) to the TV.  I hope it may assist others.

First it is necessary to cast from the BT Sport 'Home' screen - ie before the live TV stream is accessed.  But a straightforward cast is not ultimately successful.  I found that there is a drop-down menu in the TRH corner of the cast box, and this provides 3 separate casting modes. One is cast this tab, another is cast to maximise audio, and the third is cast the entire screen.  Only the third method works properly.  Use this to cast the screen (a pop-up box appears requesting permission to share the screen - accept) and once the screen appears on TV then access the live TV which should then run - with sound (the other methods will run but without sound) - and you can then use the full screen mode on the PC which then gives the full screen picture on the TV.

I've tried this a number of times and it does work consistently.  However if anything goes wrong, or you wish to make a change, you have to go back to step one to start from scratch.

All a bit puzzling but I'm pleased to get a result as BT Sport was the reason for the purchase of the chromecast.

0 Ratings
urchino
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Not sure if someone has already pointed this out but for all those trying to cast BT Sport from Chrome on a desktop to a TV I have found a way to do this that works fine - the key is not to cast the tab that you're watching BT Sport in but to cast the entire screen.

When you click on the Chromecast icon top right in Chrome you will see the dropdown that says 'Cast this tab to... BETA'. To the right of that there's an small down arrow that drops a menu to choose 'Cast this tab', 'Cast this tab (optimize for audio)' or 'Cast full screen (experimental)'.

Choose the last option to cast entire screen. Then switch back to BT Sport tab in Chrome and make the video player full screen. This casts the video to the TV, at least it has done for me.  I couldn't get it to work by only casting the BT Sport tab.

0 Ratings