cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Can't change wireless channel on iMac

Hi. Just wasted a morning trying to change wireless channel. We gave a home hub 1.0 ( I know). Despite trying my utmost not to ring for help, we reluctantly gave up as going round in circles. Eventually made a change via husbands's laptop as iMac did not give us an option on the advanced toolbar to change this. Anyone any idea as to why this might be? 'Help desk' not so helpful at finding out why!

Ang
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't change wireless channel on iMac

You don't change channel on your computer you change it on the Homehub and your computer will automatically change onto it.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDA4ODg1MDU4L...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Sorry. Have obviously not worded well enough. On home hub page, changing wireless channel not an option on iMac, hence why husband had to go and make change via his Dell laptop which gave the option exact as described in the bt help page. No explanation given as to why we could not make this change on our iMac. Do you get me now?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Yes, I understand now. It must be something to do with the browser that you are using on the iMac. I don't have an iMac so can't try it to see what the problem is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Which browser are you using on the Mac and is it running any flavour of ad-block?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I'm fairly sure I can remember that the Home Hub 1 GUI page had compatibility issues with Safari (it's a long time since I've come across anyone using one! Smiley Happy)

Try using Google Chrome instead and it should work fine.

0 Ratings