cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Can't connect to internet

Go to solution

I CAN connect to the internet via my home hub automatically using my ipod, laptop and XBox One. However, when I try to connect using my ipad, which normally connects automatically, I don't have any joy. I can see the wireless network id listed and when I click onto it I get asked for my password/key which I then type in but I get the message that it is an incorrect password. The password has definitely NOT been changed and I am typing it in correctly. Does anyone please have any answer to this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't connect to internet

Go to solution

if you have a hh4/5 did you turn off smart setup  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

did you split the networks  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

did you check when entering password that ipad is not making first letter a capital - in intended to be lowercase

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If it has just started not to re-connect automatically I would try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

If that doesn't work the next thing to try is to "forget" any connection from your ipad to the Homehub. Once you have done that re-start the ipad and then remake the connection. Make sure that you are using the wireless passkey that is on the Homehub label and not the admin password or your email password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi all, finally got sorted, thanks for the info.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
hi. what was the issue in case someone else had the same problem.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.