Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Can't find a server since last Sunday

Go to solution

@SusieC wrote:

This one says it is a VDSL modem-router. I've also read reports that it does work with BT fibre, but if it doesn't I'l send it back as not as described. I bought it because it was one of the cheapest, the alternative, a Lynksys, having reviews saying that one doesn't work.

The specs are:

• Featuring dual wan ports, compatible with vdsl/adsl/fiber/cable services providing broadband speeds up to 100mbps over vdsl2 and backward compatible with adsl share files, media and printers with your friends or family using the multi-functional USB port.
  • Wireless standards b/g/n.
  • 4 x rj45 ports, 1 rj11 port and 1 USB 2.0 port.
  • Transfer speed up to N300Mbps.
 so I hope that this one, described as 'TP-LINK's TD-W9970, comes with the latest ITU-T G.993.2 VDSL2 standard' works.

If its the TP-LINK's TD-W9970, then that should be fine, its just that you originally said just N300, which was just a cable router.

0 Ratings
SusieC
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution
I hope that the description is the correct one. I'll find out tonight or tomorrow morning.
0 Ratings
SusieC
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

The description is confusing. The headline says it's an N300 VDSL modem/router but the description says W9970, with al the requirements I ned. Reviews are good and say it worksd with BT fibre now (not in the old Openreach days) and is fine for YouView as wel. So I'll have to wait and see, hope it is as described, and my HH5 hasn't stoped resolving one address because of a fault in the HH or the network.

0 Ratings