Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 40

Can't get app for PC

Hi Guys,

My first post so be gentle :-))

I have Infinity 2 so should be able to get the app to view sport on my PC.  I log into mybt account which correctly shows my details. I go to the page for sport, select the purple button to "add" the app for existing broadband users. This takes me to another screen where I tick the box  with my correct account number and telephone number.  The page then has a think about things and eventually after about 20 seconds I get this error:

There's been a technical error – but you can still place your order online.

To order a Broadband and Calls package with optional TV, click here To add BT Vision to your existing BT broadband package, click here To order a new phone line, click here To switch your calls back to BT Click here

Ref# CON-0048

This has been happening since about 6pm yesterday evening and is still ongoing this morning.

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: Can't get app for PC

There's no app on a PC. Go to www.btsport.com and click on "Watch Now". This takes you to the planner, click on the channel you want, sign in with your BT ID and click "watch".
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 40

Okay. Went to btsport.com and clicked the link to "Watch Now". A date schedule window opened in the middle of the screen but there was a blank space in the middle where, I guess, something might have been trying to load. Above there is a horizontal menu to select the channels. I clicked "BT Sport 1" and got this error.

"You do not have BT Sport on this account yet. If you have recently placed an order for BT Sport, please bear with us as we update our records, you will be able to watch online soon. If you haven't ordered BT Sport yet, find out how to get it below."
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 40

Have you signed up for BT sport?
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 40

You're not getting the point. I'm having the same problem. I can't sign up for BT sport it keeps giving me a technical error when signing up...

SmsMasters.co.uk - Latest tech news and info updated daily since 2002.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 40

And how do I do that? I've just been into my account and the only way seems to be to go through the process that doesn't work (see first post).

I appreciate your efforts to lead me gently through the process. I just wish BT had been a bit clearer on how to do all this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 40

All I did was phone up 0800800030 and ask them to add BT Sport to my Sky viewing card and that gave me access to the web streams on the PC. But I guess you don't have Sky.
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 40

Correct. I don't have Sky.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 40

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue as you. BT infinity installed, BT Sport on Sky HD working correctly, Apps downloaded ready to phone and tablet, which require me to first log on to online player. Log into My BT click watch live stream and get the message;

"You do not have BT Sport on this account yet. If you have recently placed an order for BT Sport, please bear with us as we update our records, you will be able to watch online soon. If you haven't ordered BT Sport yet, find out how to get it below."

My BT says it is ready though, phone number is in the account etc etc.
 I was going out and wanted to use the App but guess thats out of the question.

Ah well

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 40

ironleg_59, I'm not sure it's exactly the same problem. A lot of people here seem to have downloaded the app (or on-line viewer) successfully. My and smsmasters problem is we can't get further than trying to download whatever needs to be downloaded. Nothing to do with Sky.
0 Ratings