cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rontom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 40

Re: Can't get app for PC

I have been trying to view BTsports since the 1st Aug but have been unsuccessful, gets through to the last watch sign clicks on it and have had the following error notices at different times.

ERROR VC010, Error 6205, and a message stating that I cannot view more than 2 streams at one time, when in fact I would be quite content to be able to view one.

This is on a Mac computer, and I have fibre optic broadband, which I have just signed a 18 months contract for, just to get BTsports

0 Ratings
smsmasters
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 40

Got it sorted, someone from BT (UK based call centre) rang me just now and activated it for me manually.
SmsMasters.co.uk - Latest tech news and info updated daily since 2002.
0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 33 of 40

I think I'll complain that Twitter users get preferential treatment :-))

Still no response to my email to tech support (apart from an acknowledgment)

Well done for getting it sorted.

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 34 of 40

Just got an email from support for my incident xxxxxx-xxxxxx reported 04/08/2013 12:35 AM

According to (Lee Munro) - 07/08/2013 05:17 PM who is at BT support the incident is solved and closed.  But it ain't!  Same error as always.

0 Ratings
bazza49
Beginner
Message 35 of 40

Tried everything to get the App but just goes round in circles.

I currently get two error messages:-

1) Following a check on your account, we cannot change your Broadband to the option you selected. But you can still order BT Vision by clicking on continue.

2) Following a check on your account, we find you already on the most beneficial TV pack which you are trying to order. However, you can change your Broadband option by clicking on the continue button.

both message appear at the same time.

I haven't got a Tv pacakge just want to watch this on the PC 

The only thing I can add is that my line rental is not with BT... does anyone know if this is a problem?

Thanks for any assistance

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 36 of 40

I see the Mods have edited my message to delete the incident number.

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 37 of 40

Re: Can't get app for PC (IS A MOD WATCHING THIS?)

Interesting.  After responding to their email I got what I think is an automated message saying:

"You can now watch all the action on your PC or Mac, or on your smartphone or tablet using the BT Sport App. You'll need to set up your BT ID as soon as possible to make sure you're ready to watch when the app is available.  Setting up BT ID is easy go to, www.bt.com/btid "

and then the options for BT Vision and Sky.

So I respond saying the on-line activation still doesn't work (as per my original query to them) and then I get another email in response telling me the same information.

I respond, again, "It doesn't work" and now I've got yet another email telling me the three options to get Sport, including of course, the on-line activation for getting the player and app.

Do they actually read any of these emails you send to support?

Mr. Disgruntled

(AKA nabuok)

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 38 of 40

I gave in and phoned 0800 800 150 at 12:35 today. It only took a few minutes to get through to a real person (I guess in the UK). I explained the problem (as per my very first post). After a couple of minutes she admitted that she couldn't solve the problem and passed me to tech support (in India?). 10 minutes later I was through and speaking to one of the support people. He took me through the activation process with the same error.  He then did something at his end and the error changed to "Con-0003".  Eventually he said that he's ordered BT Sport for me, confirmed that it was free for Infinity users, and said it would take time to activate but I should try after 8pm tonight. Well, it's now 23:15 and there's still no BT sport for me.

The new error is:

We're sorry...

We're sorry, our records show that there is an outstanding order on this line.

So I assume the system is still waiting to activate BT Sport on my account.

I'll check again tomorrow.

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 39 of 40

Another morning without BT Sport.

We're sorry...

We're sorry, our records show that there is an outstanding order on this line.

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 40 of 40

This is almost the length of a Norse Saga but I asssure you that unlike those Saga's this one has a happy ending.

Yesterday I spent an hour on the 'phone to technical support.  Apparantly the previous support tech person had done something not quite correct to resolve the problem. The new tech contact did various things and eventually said that BT Sport would be activated overnight and he would call me this morning to confirm everything was working.

Prompt at 11:30 he called and I tried to log into my account but the password wouldn't work. I was then passed to a nice person in Accrington who had a look and said tech support had incorrectly entered an order for activating sport for me and the "order" was stuck in the system. He deleted the order set up a new order and the whole thing was activated within 15 minutes.

This afternoon I confirmed I can watch BT Sport on my PC.

Fin

0 Ratings