Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greendragon
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Can't get broadband - apparently a tag on the line

Go to solution

Hello,

We've never had broadband in our house, but whenever we've tried to apply to have broadband installed over the past few years, we've hit a wall as we're told we need a MAC code from our previous supplier.

We lived in the house for over 30 years, so broadband has never been there, but we can't get a supplier to install it (most recently, BT) as we are always required to provide a MAC code.

I've spent the past 3 days trying to call the 'tag' team at BT Wholesale, but the 0800 number is permanely engagad. I've tried going through BT Retail, but after another 20 minutes on hold before being cut off this morning, I'm not sure where to turn next.

Would anyone have any thoughts on how we might be able to progress this?

Many thanks,

GD

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't get broadband - apparently a tag on the line

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi greendragon,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having ordering broadband due to the tag on the line.  Would the previous resident have had broadband maybe?

If you're going to order broadband with ourselves then we'll be able to remove the marker (It's up to whoever you're taking the service with).

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
greendragon
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Robbie (and Keith),

Thanks for your replies.

There haven't actually been any previous residents in the property, as we've lived here over 30 years.

Sorry - I was going to contact you directly, but the only option I can see on your 'About' page is to send you a 'personal message'.

When we tried to apply for BT Broadband recently, we were told that there 'broadband was already active' on the line and that we'd need a MAC code. We've had similar problems in the past, e.g. Plusnet last year - they said they couldn't do anything on the line without the MAC code.

We're not paying anyone for broadband, and haven't ever applied for it previously, so if would be great if we can get to the bottom of it.

If we apply again for BT Broadband, is there a way to ask BT to progress the order even if we don't have a MAC code?

Many thanks again,

GD

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Whoops, my mistake. Apologies for that.

Check my profile page there now and you'll see the link.

I'm sure we can get you sorted whenever you've sent over your details.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi greendragon,

I'm glad we were able to get this sorted for you and help solve the mystery. If you have any other problems let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings