cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aenfa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can't get login page to display on business hotspots

I AM EXTREMELY ANNOYED THAT I CAN'T GET THE LOGIN PAGE TO WORK ON ANY BT WIFI BUSINESS HOTSPOT. WHY THE HELL CAN'T THIS PROBLEM BE FIXED??????
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't get login page to display on business hotspots

By what route are you trying to logon: BT BB Customer, BT wi Fi customer etc....?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

A. Some further info might be helpful, like how you're logging in and exactly what happens.

B. Please don't type in capitals - it's regarded as shouting and rude.

C. A more moderate tone would be more likely to get a helpful response.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Aenfa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I was so frustrated before that I typed in capitals. Sorry about that. I wasted nealy an hour of my work time trying to connect to BT WiFi. The problem I get is my phone connects to the hotspot but I can't get the login page to load. Anything I try and it just times out. Several business (BTOpenzone) hotspots in my area have this problem. The hotspot I was using used to work fine. I tried with 2 different phones. Why do a lot of hotspots have this problem and is it possible for me to get it to work?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Hotspots can be flaky because they rely on the owner having their hub switched on etc, but that generally applies to home hubs rather than commercial hotspots. If it's happening with more than one commercial hotspot I'd guess it was more likely to be something on the phone. There are a couple things you can try.

It sometimes helps if you tell the phone to forget all existing connections (though first you might want to try keeping any that would require a wireless key to be re-entered next time). If you're using the BT WiFi app try connecting manually; if it still doesn't work try again with the app uninstalled.

I found that my phone would not connect to some hotspots while the obsolete BT Fon app was installed even if I tried to connect manually; it was fine when I uninstalled the app. No such problem with the current BT WiFi app so far (though I haven't had to use it for a while and not at all since its recent update).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Aenfa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I tried telling the phone to forget existing connections but still can't get it to work.
0 Ratings
Aenfa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

How can I get it to work? This is really wasting my time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Have you tried the BT WiFi helpline 0800 022 33 22? 

--
0 Ratings