cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Can't get my promised faster broadband

Help! Fibre has arrived in my village and all my friends are now getting superfast broadband. I live 1km from the fibre box and bt guaranteed me at least 10mgb/second. Hurray I thought and ordered it. Connection day arrived. I had a text and email from bt to say I was now connected. But my speed was slower than ever. Now 0.6mgb/second! 15 phone calls later and no results. Technical say that we can't get more than 1mgb. Sales say we definitely can. Several promises that it will be sorted. Lots of promises that they will call back. Nothing. Nothing at all. I just want an answer. The departments don't seem to be able to talk to eachother and no one ever rings me back. I am stuck. Hopelessly frustrated and paying for a service that I am not getting.
Any ideas?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't get my promised faster broadband

Please post the results from this form, after editing out your phone number.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

Also please post the connection information from your home hub 5.

You can get your connection statistics from the home hub by going into the hub manager.

Troubleshooting > Helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Actually I have had enough of bt's terrible customer service.  I eventually spoke to someone in the UK  to cancel my account.  She confirmed that I had been mis-sold the product.  I have moved to plusnet. I will probably get the same speed but am only paying half the price and will never have the frustration of dealing with bt again. Hurray

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

hope you don't get stung with high cancellation fees

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

No. I managed to just cancel the contract 🙂
0 Ratings